• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Got one of the new INGO lowers, tried to install my CMC Trigger, and it seems that the holes do not align. The pins fit the lower alone fine, the trigger alone fine, but 'drop in instillation' it is not. The holes are off just enough for the pins not to go all the way through. The holes are set too far forward so cannot fit.
    Tried searching, found a post on another site where the resolution was buying a different trigger group.
    Any solution?
    I prefer a drop in as opposed to separate components.

***** UPDATE *****
    When trying to get the trigger pin out, I used to much hammer, and now the lower is broken-- completely my fault, so no complaint there. Will look at getting some other lower, and before purchasing, make sure that the trigger fits.
    Will get some other custom engraving, and then will pass it on down the family line.
    I really wanted an INGO one.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've heard of this with CMC triggers and some lowers. Their trigger housing takes up a lot of the room in the forward section of the trigger area in the lower and if the lower is slightly out of spec in that area, they have a hard time fitting. That area in the lower is not critical for dropping in non-cartridge style (mil-spec or Geissele) triggers, but can interfere with cartridge style triggers. So it's one of those areas that may be slightly out of spec, but it normally doesn't matter and lower manufacturers don't typically keep a sharp eye on it. With the CMC triggers, it seems to matter if the lower is either at MMC or slightly out of spec. My last one required a very light tap to get the pins through. Do not beat on it with a hammer.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Lowers are lowers. Ingo said so

Sorry, don't get to use that line much so I saw an opportunity

I've seen a POF trigger have issues going into a lower too but I forget which brand. As mentioned earlier some drop in triggers take up a lot of room and depending how they milled the lower, they may not fitness or may require some love to fit.

It'll probably be a guessing game for which trigger would fit. Calling BCI for advise might not be a bad idea, they may have ran into this before

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Churchmouse=Mine is from the second group

seedubs1- that is exactly the issue, the trigger group is too far back. 'light' tap did not work.
    I will contact BCI and see what they say. Not sure if this is something that they can fix. Possibly re-mill the front slightly?
    Otherwise, I got the PSA 'enhanced trigger group', so I will install that until I get funds for some other trigger. This CMC, may just end up in the classifides
    Thanks...

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I dont know about CMC but with a timney drop in trigger there are some adjustment screws that allow you to "tighten" the trigger against the pins. They are just two screws near the bottom that should be tightened after the install. If these screws are too far out prior to installation, you will not be able to get the pins in.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I used to think that I would only use a drop-in trigger as well as the component ones looked complicated to install, until I tried it. It is actually very easy to install a 2-piece FCG. Now you may have other reasons for wanting a drop-in trigger assembly, but thought I would sneak in that comment.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Are we talking a thousandths off... or something larger?

This may be an example of "tolerance stacking" whereas the lower may be at one extreme of the tolerances and the trigger group is at another extreme. Either part may very well work with another part, but the parts together don't jive.

Sorry you're having issues. Hope you can find a good resolution.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Tactically- you are right. My research found this note also
    Jolly- it is the front-back fit that is the problem
    Double- wanted to get a specific pound pull, and the one piece/drop in seemed the easiest.
    I called BCI and left a message on 'Steve's' voicemail, so we will see what happens.
    THIS IS MY FIRST AR BUILD, and not a good experience at all--- and everyone says it is 'easy' !!!!!

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Steve from BCI called, and he is sending me a form so I can return it. They are going to re-spec and make sure it is okay, if not, they will replace.
    Now I have to remove all that I had installed already*** damn front pivot pin took me forever, which includes chasing after the little 'detent pin'.
    I eventually remembered a 'trick' I read. I used a 2 gal ziplock, and worked inside that. That way each time it popped out, it was contained in the bag.
    Looks like no AR for me for a while.... thinking that getting that DPMS was a better idea.
    I think I should get a INGO dust cover for all this effort--- !!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had the exact same issue with my INGO lower that I picked up today, using a Rise Armament drop in trigger. The trigger housing needed to go forward almost 1/16" go get the holes to line up. I wound up using my bench grinder to take just a little bit off the front corners/sides of the trigger housing and got it to fit. I'd always used Anderson lowers up until now and never had a problem with Rise or CMC triggers in those. I happened to have an Anderson stripped lower on hand, so I eyeballed it, and the BCI is just a hair narrower, and the radius is a little tighter at the front of the trigger channel.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Steve from BCI called, and he is sending me a form so I can return it. They are going to re-spec and make sure it is okay, if not, they will replace.
    Now I have to remove all that I had installed already*** damn front pivot pin took me forever, which includes chasing after the little 'detent pin'.
    I eventually remembered a 'trick' I read. I used a 2 gal ziplock, and worked inside that. That way each time it popped out, it was contained in the bag.
    Looks like no AR for me for a while.... thinking that getting that DPMS was a better idea.
    I think I should get a INGO dust cover for all this effort--- !!!

Why? How does taking something of value from somebody other than who is at fault solve anything? Did Fenway screw up? Sounds like BCI is correcting the issue and you should be set.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why? How does taking something of value from somebody other than who is at fault solve anything? Did Fenway screw up? Sounds like BCI is correcting the issue and you should be set.

I would have liked to see this issue. I have a 1st run Ingo lower #15 and it went right together.
    The BCI piece is very well made and fits up nicely to the rest of the parts.

It would be interesting to see what the issue is matching it up to my lower.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tactically- you are right. My research found this note also
    Jolly- it is the front-back fit that is the problem
    Double- wanted to get a specific pound pull, and the one piece/drop in seemed the easiest.
    I called BCI and left a message on 'Steve's' voicemail, so we will see what happens.
    THIS IS MY FIRST AR BUILD, and not a good experience at all--- and everyone says it is 'easy' !!!!!

It is easy with spec pieces. No....the DPMS would not have been the best choice. JMHO.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would have liked to see this issue. I have a 1st run Ingo lower #15 and it went right together.
    The BCI piece is very well made and fits up nicely to the rest of the parts.

It would be interesting to see what the issue is matching it up to my lower.

Every other part fit great on mine, and I'd imagine that a standard fire control group would have worked fine too. In my case, the housing of the drop-in trigger was just a little too wide (or the channel on the lower was a little too narrow in the front to accommodate the drop-in trigger).

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    I don't have my trigger yet but was planning on a rise or velocity. I can see it being a tight fit at the radius. might be a excuse to get a geissele

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't have my trigger yet but was planning on a rise or velocity. I can see it being a tight fit at the radius. might be a excuse to get a geissele

That's what I thought as well. If it were closer to a 90 degree angle at the corners, I don't think I'd have had a problem.

Top Bottom