• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just a thought...
    I saw this in a GA carry forum, and thought it might be useful here. They have a sticky about CLEO signoffs, where you can post how good or bad your area CLEO is at it. I thought it looked like a handy thing.

It looked like some people expected their CLEO wouldn't be very cooperative but learned otherwise, and that encouraged others to take the big step.

It also gave some warning of what to expect from those who weren't.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I think that it would be far more effective here to make a list of those CLEO's who WERE NOT friendly to signing forms. AFAIK there is only one CLEO in this state who will not sign the forms.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Is there anyone from Elkhart who has already went this process? I've been trying to get in touch with the Police Chief but have yet to hear anything. I feel awkward and pushy going in and asking to see someone of that position, plus I don't want to make them decline it.

linux_god

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Carmel
    just go in there

I would not feel pushy -- it probably happens more often than you think... it's probably an administrative assistant that helps out with the cards.

In St Joseph County (i.e. Granger) I understand that one would take the finger print cards to the Sheriff's office at the jail.... (on Sample street in South Bend)

If you lived in Mishawaka you would take the cards to the Mishawaka Police on Main Street in downtown.

Same process -- wait up to a week or two while the CLEO is no busy and he should sign them.

I would not call... just go there to the main desk with the cards. I think they only finger print you on certain days (like Wednesday...?)

Regards...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I think that it would be far more effective here to make a list of those CLEO's who WERE NOT friendly to signing forms. AFAIK there is only one CLEO in this state who will not sign the forms.

Just for curiosity sake, who is it that will not sign ?

Top Bottom