• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Saw the link to this thread on FB. I've been around awhile with various levels of activity. I've subscribed to certain sections of the classifieds for daily updates for years. I can peruse new items in about 15 seconds of time on each section by looking at the "new items" section. No reason to check again for 24 hours unless I want something.

I scan a few sections to watch and participate in as interests increase and decrease.

I've bought and sold several items in several sections over the years. Never had any problems. I don't have to read every post in the classifieds. My method meets my needs. If something interests me I can check the price and decide if I want to explore it further. I don't have to waste my time gnashing my teeth over another person's perceived value.

I don't think its worth the hassle. Increasing the site supporter fee would only drive gouging prices higher anyway. Increasing post count will just add BS posts.

I wouldn't change a thing. Leave it alone and live and let live. We don't need more regulations here or in government. That's what this country is all about.

P.S. Edit. For those wanting more regulation read the Affordable Heath Care Act or Vote Hillary in 2016.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    General question to all. Some are suggesting limiting the classifieds to Site Supporters only. How would this solve the "problem(s)" we have going on right now? To be honest I don't spend much time in there so I don't see it.

Right now it's $15 to be a Site Supporter. That comes out to be around :twocents: :twocents: per day. Is that barrier to entry going to prevent what is happening if we went to Site Supporter only in the classifieds?

What other sites do you frequent that charges for use of the classifieds or is open to supporters only? Post here or send me a PM please.

I'm open to all suggestions to make INGO better. I have been very careful over the past 5 years to make this site accessible to all if you want to contribute as a site supporter or not.

Changing the rules really will not change anything at all.

Example, person joins INGO yesterday gets his post count or becomes a site supporter and contacts me about something I have for sale, am I going to sell to him as someone that has been here for a long time? The problem isn't the noob, it is the regular members in the classifieds selling to them that is the problem.

I have turned down at least one sale to a member because he did not have his 50 post yet and I knew nothing about him.

The only thing I might change would be to make a new member wait at least 30 days after joining unless they become a site supporter. The rest is up to the current members, not the noobs.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    General question to all. Some are suggesting limiting the classifieds to Site Supporters only. How would this solve the "problem(s)" we have going on right now? To be honest I don't spend much time in there so I don't see it.

Right now it's $15 to be a Site Supporter. That comes out to be around :twocents: :twocents: per day. Is that barrier to entry going to prevent what is happening if we went to Site Supporter only in the classifieds?

Maybe a little. But you would likely lose a fair number of people who end up contributing meaningfully to the discussions that are part of the draw for people to the site in the first place.

The last time the whole site supporter status discussion came around when you asked an opinion I got beat up pretty well (including having one of your members stalk my posts here and elsewhere for a while) for politely giving mine and that is the reason I stopped posting as much.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't think its worth the hassle. Increasing the site supporter fee would only drive gouging prices higher anyway. Increasing post count will just add BS posts.

I wouldn't change a thing. Leave it alone and live and let live. We don't need more regulations here or in government. That's what this country is all about.

this. I can't say I post very often....at all. But I do frequent the site for information. I use that handy search feature and find what I am looking for more often than not, if you raise the post count people will simply re-post EVERYTHING and create more BS arguments than there are already. And it's hard enough to sort through some of the crap as is.

Maybe we should just require you to get an ingo dealers permit to sell at all. Make it renew every 4 years, or go all out and get a lifetime ingo dealers permit. MORE REGULATION! Ingo should just start doing backgrounds on everyone that posts in the classifieds. It's the only way.

While were on topic, CC is the only way to carry.

Insert purple where you see fit.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Is there a good emoticon for butthurt? Because there is a lot of it going around this forum about the damn classifieds.

Whatever about the classifieds. I look, I find, I buy. If the price sucks, then I move on. There is nothing you can do that will really improve it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Saw the link to this thread on FB. I've been around awhile with various levels of activity. I've subscribed to certain sections of the classifieds for daily updates for years. I can peruse new items in about 15 seconds of time on each section by looking at the "new items" section. No reason to check again for 24 hours unless I want something.

I'm missing out on a feature...how do you do this?

P.S. Edit. For those wanting more regulation read the Affordable Heath Care Act or Vote Hillary in 2016.

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Is there a good emoticon for butthurt? Because there is a lot of it going around this forum about the damn classifieds.

Whatever about the classifieds. I look, I find, I buy. If the price sucks, then I move on. There is nothing you can do that will really improve it.

This not an emoticon but it works

attachment.php

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Been here a long time, even a site supporter at one time. Not here much anymore due to time constraints etc. However, when I do come by, I check the classifieds, new posts, and messages.

Changes? Well I got a few people to check the site out and they struggled to get the 50 posts and moved on..I guess not everyone is online all the time.

Ah well, I will still be here on and off, but I would not change anything for now...

tlfuller27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nappanee,IN
    I check out site often when I have time. Am I at 50 posts no does it make me a bad Ingo er? No. Couple things need changed bumps it even say don't bump ads, 2nd if gun has sold remove post immediately after it sells. Instead of allowing us to find some great deals only to find out it sold a week ago. And how are we to get 50 posts if cant reply or ask questions or even post comments? Just my thoughts on it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I check out site often when I have time. Am I at 50 posts no does it make me a bad Ingo er? No. Couple things need changed bumps it even say don't bump ads, 2nd if gun has sold remove post immediately after it sells. Instead of allowing us to find some great deals only to find out it sold a week ago. And how are we to get 50 posts if cant reply or ask questions or even post comments? Just my thoughts on it.

Just go to the political threads and start a riot. You will get your 50 quick enough..............:)

You have to put forth some effort to achieve anything, even 50 posts.

tlfuller27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nappanee,IN
    Yes and the outrageous prices on items come on I can go to box store and buy cheaper at times but id really like to support local Ingo ers. It's alteady bad enough our government wants to shaft us. Why should our brothers in arms do it to is also. Alot of us have to work and save just to purchase a new firearm. I thonk prices should be within reason.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How about contribute posts outside of the classifieds to get 50 posts?

Getting 50 posts is not a problem.Getting 50 QUALITY posts like requested to join the classifieds is the real problem IMO.
    I'm not sure who is in charge of judging the quality of the posts and who decides to remove them if they are not judged good enough.
    What's a quality post?
    Is it only judged by the lenght of the post or are there other criteria? :dunno:

That should be more clear if we are to report all the "non-quality posts" by new members.

I think I have like 23 quality posts (who knows for sure, some say I barely have 10).
    It's different than your actual number of posts.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    INGO is a community 1st. How is letting some guy pay $15 and swipe a gun that a real member wants and vanish help our community? Some don't even care enough to post a hello thread.

How would you feel as a member of INBO (Indiana bacon owners) if some guy swiped a great deal on bacon out from under you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    INGO is a community 1st. How is letting some guy pay $15 and swipe a gun that a real member wants and vanish help our community? Some don't even care enough to post a hello thread.

How would you feel as a member of INBO (Indiana bacon owners) if some guy swiped a great deal on bacon out from under you?

But you hate bacon.......:dunno:

Top Bottom