• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Politics is the study of human interactions.
    Here is my rant. I am tired of the real world being criticized on here mostly in the classifieds. Unfortuanately for most they did not get what they wanted before price spikes. They are then whining and taking it out on people in the classifieds. I did not mention it before but now I am getting it. I have a listing for 22LR ammo. The only reason I am listing is cause of the prices. I track the real world on gunbroker. Not just what people want for their stuff but what they actually get. 22 is not getting low side 50 and high side 100 per brick average about 77.

I explain this in my listing. It is not just what I hope to get. It is what I am getting locally and other places online. I have moved alot so far. I though I would offer it here but did not want grief. First person offers to trade a Nagant at a value of $1000 as that is what they are getting on Gunbroker. I had been watching gunbroker and they are up a little but have never seen a basic one get north of $500. Point is they are just being a dick and mad at the price.

The reason for the rant is that I then posted in the string that I have not seen one go for anywhere that amount and that is what I was trying to avoid. I got hit with an infraction for it having nothing to do with the ad and it being superflous such as "nice gun" for a bump. When it was meant to just question the amount he stated and discourage more comments of the same.

People we live in the real world you can be mad all you want at supply and demand but it is the law. It is not called a theory it is a law. Just as gold used to be $400 no one will sell it to you now for that because supply and demand says it is around $1600. If you

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Gun broker prices are way to high in my opinion. Seems like the people on this forum including myself don't want to pay those prices. The deals are out there. For example using gunbot I have seen many 22lr deals below 50 per brick. You have to be quick but they are there. You have the right to list whatever price you want, I don't think people should comment or give grief. Just let the tread get bumped everyday until the right person comes along or the seller lowers the price. Too many of these threads on both sides. To much crying. Either buy it or shut up and move along.

Also, you can just edit your original ad to justify your price rather than post and get an infraction.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Either buy it or shut up and move along.

THIS! Criminy, I don't know who made everyone else the Price Police. It's not your job to complain to the seller in his own ad that his price is too high. I cannot tell you how many snarky low-ball offers I've seen people make to get around the "bumping" rule. If you think his price is too high, MOVE ON.

Also, you can just edit your original ad to justify your price rather than post and get an infraction.
    I have no sympathy for someone who gets an infraction for not following the Classified rules, and even less sympathy when they whine about it afterward. The rule is not implied. It is SPECIFICALLY SPELLED OUT. There is even an entire sticky thread dedicated to it because people don't seem to understand it.

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Interesting that people have no problem buying something for 50% of value and all is good.
    When prices go up, whine, whine, whine. If you are not willing to pay the asking price, then do not pay the asking price. Crying like a *****, is just that.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I posted this recently in another thread by I will repost it here as this seems to be a hot topic.

Another gun forum I belong to only lets the OP post in the classifieds , all other communication has to take place with email or pm.

Seams to stop the showoffs from posting smart comments.

And really why should anyone else be able to post in a mans classified, you can't do it on ebay, craigslist, armslist, gunbroker.

So why do we do it on INGO.

Last edited:

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They removed the infraction. I would not have had such a problem if he did not lie. If he would have said how about 6 or 16 bricks for a nagant I would have simply declined. However when you say well Nagants are $1000 on Gunbroker when they are not anywhere near that but the prices I state were accurate.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I read your post about the ammo for sale/trade when you put it in the classifieds. I understood your intent and I agree. As I have stated elsewhere, everybody is trying to get on the bubble before it pops. I posted up .223 ammo and loaded mags a few weeks ago and some of the responses were laughable. Some were ridiculous and made me angry. These are not the norm in my experience over the time I have been using the classifieds. Since December last the idiots have been exposed.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    If the value offered is not a good value, the item will not sell. What makes a offer a good value? It is determined to be a good value the second someone buys it. If I offer BBs at $4 each and I don't sell any, I know that is not a good value to my prospective buyers. So I either lower the price or change the quantity in an effort to enhance the value of the deal.

5000 BBs for $4
    10 BBs for $4

Somewhere in between those two offers is where the good value determination takes place. I am not selling BBs, this is just an example...unless you want to trade a new truck or something for the 5000 BBs.

Your idea of a good value and my idea of a good value is also usually inversely proportional to whether or not you are selling or you are buying.

Ever notice one guy offers a widget for $200 and another guy screams bloody murder because he perceives the price to be ridiculous, yet that same guy will try to sell his widget for $200 and thinks he's make the world a helluva deal? It all depends on which end of the deal you're looking from. Buying or selling.

When we buy, we want the best value we can get.
    When we sell we want the same thing.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Here is my rant. I am tired of the real world being criticized on here mostly in the classifieds. Unfortuanately for most they did not get what they wanted before price spikes. They are then whining and taking it out on people in the classifieds. I did not mention it before but now I am getting it. I have a listing for 22LR ammo. The only reason I am listing is cause of the prices. I track the real world on gunbroker. Not just what people want for their stuff but what they actually get. 22 is not getting low side 50 and high side 100 per brick average about 77.

I explain this in my listing. It is not just what I hope to get. It is what I am getting locally and other places online. I have moved alot so far. I though I would offer it here but did not want grief. First person offers to trade a Nagant at a value of $1000 as that is what they are getting on Gunbroker. I had been watching gunbroker and they are up a little but have never seen a basic one get north of $500. Point is they are just being a dick and mad at the price.

The reason for the rant is that I then posted in the string that I have not seen one go for anywhere that amount and that is what I was trying to avoid. I got hit with an infraction for it having nothing to do with the ad and it being superflous such as "nice gun" for a bump. When it was meant to just question the amount he stated and discourage more comments of the same.

People we live in the real world you can be mad all you want at supply and demand but it is the law. It is not called a theory it is a law. Just as gold used to be $400 no one will sell it to you now for that because supply and demand says it is around $1600. If you

You make a lot of assumptions.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner

Sooo... It is ok for you to ask 2-3X more than retail for your stuff, but if someone else wants the same you have a problem with that ??? He didn't make the parameters for a trade, you did. Also, I wouldn't consider an auction that is more or less anonymous as real world prices. No one has any idea how sellers, bidders and buyers are connected.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just like the person who started the thread said. People can ask whatever they want for things. Just like my rifle.

Glad it's you and not me.... :D

I saw the add also and being the desired location of the FTF is in my neck of the woods, I did for a BRIEF moment think about sending him a PM and seeing if he would give a fair trade value for any other ammo, P-mags, silver, or any other hard to find things.... Glad I didn't or I would be the subject of this thread.

Underdogg39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    If you have to explain your high price for a gun, ammo or what ever you may be selling other than the information like make, model, manufacture. Your opening your self up for someone else's comments/post. Especially when you compare gun brokers as real world. Post what you are selling, price, etc!! Most people on this site already know what's a high price and what's a fair price.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I find it hilarious that you are whining about someone asking $1000 for a Nagant in the same breath that you are trying to justify your own self selling .22 for ridiculous prices. The "Capitalism" argument works for me when supply and demand affects prices across the board, from manufacture to retail and then passed on to the buyer. When the ONLY group affected is the buyer it is GOUGING plain and simple. All you guys screaming Capitalism to try and justify your own selfish and unethical actions against fellow sportsman need to go back to school before subjecting us to your sanctimonious diatribes on supply and demand.

Top Bottom