• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Here is my bitch session for the day. It would be nice if the caliber was including in the title, or at least in the posting of the classified ads. Some of us are not experts that instantly know the caliber of every model of every brand ever made. If the caliber was in the title, it would save me, and I assume a lot of others, looking at adds that are not what they are looking for. This would also make the search function useable. Then you read the add and the caliber is not mentioned. Hopefully you can see the caliber on one of the pictures posted, a lot of times you cannot. Normally I am looking for a specific caliber when I am looking for a firearm and am not interested in other calibers. I will now get off my soapbox!

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I usually keep a second tab opened to look up the info in the ad that I am not familiar with. Sometimes the pic is not clear enough to show the caliber, or whether it is chrome or stainless or some exotic finish is better than another finish. The other option I can use is to send annoying pm's to someone that has assumed my low level of knowledge equals theirs. I'm sure there is a line between too much info and too little. I tend to lean on accepting whatever they post and instead of showing my stupidity, just pass on anything I can't understand well enough to make a decision. Far be it for me to be critical of any ad author. I just feel that if there is something wrong or confusing in an ad, it's because I don't understand a word meaning, miss something implied or am reading the ad wrong. Keep up the good work.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Location in the title would be handy, it's a big state.

Pretty sure that's a rule, right?

No, location must be in the ad - but not required in the title. Unless you show it in the info under your avatar. That's Rule #2:

2. All ads require your location. If you choose not to display your location in your post bit (info that appears below your avatar) you must include your location in the ad itself! If the OP gives a location, please don't ask where that is. Look it up!

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Here is my bitch session for the day. It would be nice if the caliber was including in the title, or at least in the posting of the classified ads. Some of us are not experts that instantly know the caliber of every model of every brand ever made. If the caliber was in the title, it would save me, and I assume a lot of others, looking at adds that are not what they are looking for. This would also make the search function useable. Then you read the add and the caliber is not mentioned. Hopefully you can see the caliber on one of the pictures posted, a lot of times you cannot. Normally I am looking for a specific caliber when I am looking for a firearm and am not interested in other calibers. I will now get off my soapbox!
    Take your meds and you will be fine

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Next thing, we'll all complain that the forum software cuts off the title after so may chars.

Make, model, caliber, location... too bad you can't put the picture in the title. Wouldn't even need to click on the thread.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    My biggest issue is trying to figure out if NWI is Northwest Indiana or Northwest Indianapolis. Click on the OP's name to look for their location...says Indiana or NWI or some other less than helpful spot.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Of course it's a good idea to list the caliber in the ad, and I always do.
    I don't agree with listing it in the title.
    But the person who places the ad is certainly free to if they choose.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Do I hear a volunteer to check every single new Ad, send the member a message, and make sure all this info gets put in within a certain time or trash the thread?

:popcorn:

tenor.gif

Top Bottom