• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I picked up one of these at the Tinder Box in Mishawaka last week. They didn't have any of the Camacho Triple Maduros that I went in for. Very nice smoke. It had a fairly dark Sumatran wrapper. It seemed to be well built overall. The wrapper did start coming loose at the very end of the smoke though. Draw was just about right. As you would expect it had a bit of spicy taste. I would call it medium to full flavor. Seemed like it built in a crescendo to the end of the smoke. It was very tasty with a glass of Johnny Black.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You know I've been wanting to try one of those.

I've been smoking some of the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 aged 12 years cigars (various sizes) and find them to be extremely nice smokes. I've got a tin of the JUNIORS on my desk next to me right now. Its a 4" by 38 ring gauge cigar, so its roughly double the diameter of a cigarette. Not a bad smoke for such a small cigar. I'm more partial to the Robusto sized cigars, the larger ring gauges seem to smoke cooler in the mouth.

The Rocky Patels are some really good cigars. I've not been disappointed with any of them that I've tried.

If you haven't tried one, find a Rocky Patel THE EDGE maduro torpedo. Its an ugly cigar, pitch black, with a rough textured maduro wrapper but it is an amazing smoking experience.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I used to smoke a lot of the Edges. There is (was) a place down in Cincinnati that sold them pretty cheap so I would buy a bunch of them down there and bring home. They were a great cigar for the price. Not as full flavored as the other Rocky Patels. I am like you, every Rocky Patel I have smoked have been very consistent in construction with excellent draws. It has always been an irritant for me, to buy a fairly expensive cigar and have a bad wrapper or too loose/tight of a draw.

Top Bottom