• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    We have a 2011 Chrysler town and country. We bought it used, and its out of warranty. When we bought it one of the key fobs wouldn't work for anything besides starting the vehicle one worked as it should. Well the one that was working properly has now stopped working as well. They will both still start the vehicle. This wouldn't be a HUGE issue if there was a way to unlock the vehicle from the passenger side, but there is not. and with a 2 year old and another on the way it would be nice to figure this out w/out having a pay the big bucks to the stealership.

anybody know what might be causing the issue?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Have you talked to a Chrysler dealer about it?
    Have they offered a reason for the failure of the keys?
    What did they say?
    Do you have access to another dealer close by for a second opinion?
    Key FOBS can be a pain in the butt, I like my 02' but not my 07' but there's little you can do about it.
    It should be a crime for what they charge legitimate, proven, owners.
    It can cost as (little) as $102.00 or so for a simple key to over $250.00 for a multi function key, for what, to program it? BS
    I know because I bought a used Dodge from the dealer who sold it when it was new but only with one key, they would't give me two keys when I bought it. Instead they charged me $102.00 extra for a second key which was BS.
    I should have refused to buy the car but I wanted it so bad and I was a long way from home.
    The salesman pointed out that it was "sold as is". Yeah, right.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    We have an '08 T&C. On our keys there's a little spring loaded button that allows for an actual metal key to be removed from the key fob that you'd have otherwise not known it was there at all. This key will work for the doors, but not start the car. It's not an ideal fix, but it'll let you open a door. Unfortunately for us, we had to buy a spare key and it was around $200. It was a rip off, but I don't have the time to dedicate the hours to finding a better deal or figuring something else out.

Wait until the automatic rear hatch breaks off and they try to tell you it's a $3,000 repair. I got mine fixed for $60 from a guy down the road.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My MIL has one and recently took it in for a recall on the ignition. Might be worth running the VIN to see if there is a recall on it, I don't know what year hers is.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I don't know if they can help but try taking it to Kash McQueen locksmith. They have helped me with issues similar to this for a lot cheaper than the dealer. They are located on Pendleton Pike half a block west of Post Rd (south side of PP.). He is also very pro 2A which I like.

Top Bottom