• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    Paddling Man: Thanks for all of the pictures and info. That was what I was looking for! I am still reading the other post as well that you linked to. As much as I don't want to spend in the area of $400 for a tactical hawk, I believe one of the RMJ products will be my choice. Once I make my decision. I will post pics!

Everyone has been most helpful! :yesway:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I am the law enforcement / military consultant for RMJ. They make the best hawks.

Most hawks are only good for chopping and puncturing. The Shrike is make for puncturing, chopping, prying and pull cutting. This is do to the design of the spike and the beard of the hawk that is sharpened. Part of my job is to try to cause my Shrike to fail and I have been unable to do so. I have chopped cinder blocks, pride open car hoods, doors and trunks and let others do the same.

I did this in about 45 seconds with my Shrike. Can you do this with your hawk?

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    That looks impressive, and I like it. Two things though:

1. There is no mention of the "Shrike" on the RMJ Forge website. Do they still make it?

2. It looks like your Shrike's blade does not extend all the way down through the handle like the RMJ Talon or the Grayman Grax. I absolutley cannot spend that much money for the blade to eventually come loose from the handle.

I know you said you have yet to see/have one fail on you. Maybe we could meet up sometime. I would love to put one in my hands and also see one being put to use by an experienced hand FTF.

Here is the site you are looking for, it fully describes the Shrike.

RMJTACTICAL.COM

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Mercop- I am very impressed with that! My ONLY problem with it dropping the $$ on something I probably won't use. I don't know it I could justify "just in case" but holy crap am I impressed!

Bob

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Oh, me too! I've seen the Swamp Rat Crash Axe, the one I keep in the truck, do the same kind of damage to vehicles *but* the performance of both it and the RMJ is impressive!

Not too mention, I've become a BIG fan of RMJ Tactical and lust for a Eagle Talon in a bad, bad way. Their hawks felt AMAZING at Blade Show '08.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU3YGKire1o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU3YGKire1o[/ame]

But I NEEDS ME AN RMJ EAGLE TALON! ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOZ5gLSefhY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOZ5gLSefhY[/ame]

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i still got pieces of the toyota sitting around, if anyone wants to test some stuff first hand. :)

don't be weeniers! buy something nice and beat it up!!! and wear gloves.... it makes picture taking hard, but the whole thing mo betta...........

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    i still got pieces of the toyota sitting around, if anyone wants to test some stuff first hand. :)

don't be weeniers! buy something nice and beat it up!!! and wear gloves.... it makes picture taking hard, but the whole thing mo betta...........

:yesway: I think we need some pics of that Toyota in this thread!

Justin Gingrich - Ranger Knives. I've seen pics of him hacking autos to pieces, too. :)

hawks.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom