Chipmonk, just saw the first one of the year. Let the games begin!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    My bird feeders are on greased steel poles. Neither squirrels nor chipmunks climb the poles to bother my feeders. They do, however, feast on what the birds drop, which doesn‘t bother me one bit. The squirrels and chipmunks have been coming by for three or four weeks now.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    My bird feeders are on greased steel poles. Neither squirrels nor chipmunks climb the poles to bother my feeders. They do, however, feast on what the birds drop, which doesn‘t bother me one bit. The squirrels and chipmunks have been coming by for three or four weeks now.
    What kind of grease are you using?

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    just set out rat traps with peanut butter.. just for the vermin to snack on. I set an old milk crate on top to keep curious dogs out..(4). Works on the little beastards and pineys. If I have time tomorrow I will set out with the marlin 881 for some fun

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    When I was around 12, a cousin was building his house on the edge of a large woods.

The property was full of these rodents and it was not long until they were tearing stuff up.

I got to spend as much time as I wanted popping them with a 22. Getting 40 to 50 a day was not unusual....at least for a while.

I credit my cousin's hospitality much to what measure of marksmanship I have today.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Holy cripes, where do you live, that you don't see chipmunks all year? Ours didn't get the memo they're supposed to stay underground.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve never seen one around our house. Around here, we’re infested with groundhogs. The dogs kill one, and 3 or 4 come to take its place. I just saw the first one of the year last weekend.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    uj1459bld829y34bvf17.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I usually don't see any this early. They really start showing up here from mushroom season, into summer.

I was a bit shocked to find one last week, in the rolling log/bucket trap that lives in an outbuilding next to my Explorer.

When they start showing up outside, I'll put out the three small hav-a-hearts that stay on duty until they run dry for 2-3 weeks.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    My dog started going nuts over the past weekend. Digging in the areas where chipmunks go. Then I seen the first one yesterday morning. With Sundays temps coming, I'm assuming more will be seeing them.

Top Bottom