• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I bought some of these ($11.99 no base pad, $12.79 with pad, all blued) that should be here on Thursday. I'm not gonna have time to run these through my 1911 before the pin shoot at MCFG Saturday, and was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them. One of the mags that came with my 1911 is a Shooting Star, and it ran fine the one time I shot it.

Thoughts? Problems?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They typically provide many years of flawless service.

You may also wish to try the CMC Power Mags. They have the same follower as the shooting stars, but stronger springs.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mags

Thats just about all I use these days
    They are the mags that come with My Colt Special Combat 2 8 rounders with the bases
    Have never had a problem with the Shooting star Mags and I own about 15 of them

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have an old particular Colt which did not like any mag I tried after repairing it. Then I tried the Chip McCormick on the advice of a friend, no trouble with any ammo.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    my cmc mags have been giving me years of good service. for awhile, i practiced with the cmc mags and kept my wilson 47's for matches. until i realized that both styles were equally reliable. since then i just use them all whenever. the powermags, as rhino states, are also a good choice. priced between the mags nate got and the wilson's. good mags.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    what is the pad you can get on these? Is the 'no pad' just the flat bottom and the pad has the plastic pad on the bottom of the baseplate?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have 6 and they are the only mags my SA 1911A1 feed reliably from. They've been 100% with them.

Insane the higher prices on them. I paid 13 bucks each for mine w/pad and SS. WTF happened? They're "locaps". Friggin panic buyers ;)

Top Bottom