• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I got stopped today. LEO said passing him was OK. Everything thing else I did was OK until he realized a brake light was out on the trailer.:(
    I had handed him my license and as he quit talking and said I could get out to look, I got out and said "I'm armed" and patted my 4oc position.
    He just said "OK, just don't go jerking it out." As we went to the rear of the trailer, he said "Thanks for letting me know." Never asked for my permit and as I checked the wires and he checked my credentials, he said I was good to go with a verbal warning.:)
    Normal scenario here, but it made me reflect on how it is in Ind. after reading post here. I just wanted to share how things are in other areas of the 'real' USA.:):ingo:

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just because it's considered normal doesn't mean it's not worth mentioning. It's becoming much less normal, so I say a big :+1: to the LEO. Thanks for sharing.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Thanks for posting, I would say this is pretty normal in Indiana with experienced LEO's. Just a few of the young ones on the force that think they are the most powerful, smartest people on the planet that hurts the nice ones reputations. Every LEO has the ability to ruin the honest citizens day - most don't!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Im waiting for someone to take issue with the way he handled the stop. After all, he didnt get on his knees, and kiss your ass.

Seriously though, +1 for that fine officer.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Im waiting for someone to take issue with the way he handled the stop. After all, he didnt get on his knees, and kiss your ass.

Maybe because the OP didn't jump out, screaming, "I have the right, you're a Nazi bootlicker and I ain't showin' you nuthin', pig!" :D

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Normal scenario here, but it made me reflect on how it is in Ind. after reading post here. I just wanted to share how things are in other areas of the 'real' USA.:):ingo:

Normal scenario here also, but the types of encounters that get the most people posting about them here also happen in VA. For instance......
    Open Carry Incident. : Carrying Your Firearm • Virginia Gun Owners Forum
    speeding ticket while carrying : Carrying Your Firearm • Virginia Gun Owners Forum
    :popcorn:

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Sounds like you had a good encounter. My only comment is this-You told the officer you were armed and actually, physically made a hand movement and touched your firearm? Don't know if that was such a good idea.

Top Bottom