• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I use a holosun on my 43x...Change the battery every 3 mos...this one DIDNT make the 3(???) Have to watch it closer to 2mos...thank God for nite sites!
    This is why I went with suppressor hight night sights on the Dagger FS I just ordered. It's going to be my learn how to use a red dot gun.
    I can keep my CZ P10F as is until I get good with a red dot. Then it will get suppressor hight night sights also and a good rds.

IN New Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2017
    Terre Haute
    The model is written on the side. It's a Holosun 507K X2.

BTW, it's a nice sight; I like mine. But so far I haven't been able to get the battery door open. Any suggestions?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Battery on my EDC G45 509T lasted just over a year.

I'm around s month into carrying the SCS on the G19. Suposedly 10 years life out of this unit, running only solar, with a non replaceable internal battery.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The model is written on the side. It's a Holosun 507K X2.

BTW, it's a nice sight; I like mine. But so far I haven't been able to get the battery door open. Any suggestions?
    It's not a door it's a tray and you may need to get a small screwdriver to get it moving after you remove the screw.. If it's the original battery they don't tend to last very long. Get a Duracell and You should get a year out of it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I use a holosun on my 43x...Change the battery every 3 mos...this one DIDNT make the 3(???) Have to watch it closer to 2mos...thank God for nite sites!
    What battery manufacturer? Aaron Cowan has data showing Duracell to be more reliable. I change all of mine on my birthday, and this year switched all to Duracell brand.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What battery manufacturer? Aaron Cowan has data showing Duracell to be more reliable. I change all of mine on my birthday, and this year switched all to Duracell brand.
    In general I find this to be accurate. I used to buy cheap store brand batteries, and they'd be dead in a year just sitting on the shelf in the package.

My batteries on my EDC have never died, thank god. But just in case, where do I find the battery compartment on Tritium sights? :p

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Says it on the left side there: HS507K X2.

You should be getting well over a year, minimum, with that model if the shake awake is working and you’re not running it at full brightness, FYI.

I use the same one as daily carry and run it fairly bright. I'm probably getting 4 to 5 months out of it before it starts blinking. The battery it came with didn't last as long. I don't know what their battery life rating is based on but I'm sure its at a low brightness with only the dot.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Holosun quotes “up to 50,000hrs.” That DOES depend on what brightness you have it set at, and if you’re EDCing at a high brightness I’d expect it to be a good bit less than that. But I’d still expect about a year. Might be worth giving them a call/email.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I was in the camera repair business from 1969 until I retired in 1994. We ren into so many cases of leaky Duracells we referred to it as "the Duracell disease". We wound up using Energizers and Varta with no problem, A few years ago I was given a remote reading weather station. When I went to replace the batteries they were leaking Duracells. They are now Energizers. I removed the corrosion with full strength CLR on a q-tip.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    1666408474597.png
    I was looking for more batteries for my Holosun Hs507c X2 and ran across these.
    They are rechargeable unto 300x it says. They cost $4 each or $16 for this 4 pack.
    Has anyone ever tried rechargeable coin batteries before?

Top Bottom