• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    They had an issue a couple months ago when some disrespectful DA(or two) decided rules don't apply to him:xmad:, and fired some steel core ammo, thereby damaging one of the bullet traps. So they began inspecting ammo if you declared that you were shooting centerfire rifle.(non handgun caliber) They looked at boxes, and if unsure, they checked it with a magnet. Well, some idiots:xmad: managed to sneak in some more of the steel core and do more damage.

So currently, its pistol caliber and 22 only. So once again, a couple idiots ruined it for everyone. :rolleyes:

They are exploring options, so hopefully its only temporary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I'm glad I got the chance to fire my M1 there before this happened. I've been looking for a good outdoor range I can stretch out a little farther anyway...

Why can't people respect the rules?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    They have a brand new, state-of-the-art security/surveillance system in use now. I wonder if they can narrow down who it may have been and seek restitution.

Wish I had another answer.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I used to shoot there when I lived in West Lafayette. GREAT place to shoot. Friendly people and usually not very busy.
    I was hoping to hear that. :rockwoot:

My wife grew up in Linden. I'm transplanted from MI. We had plenty of woods and private areas to camp, but not so much down here. It looks pretty quiet. The ponds are a big selling point too. Now I can't wait for the warmer weather.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    It's very busy indeed. Stay away. Especially when I can get out there.

Lol, I see what you did there.

I've heard some good things about Linden. I just haven't yet committed a weekend and the ammo to going down there and buying a guest pass to try it out for myself. Therefore, I am as yet undecided on what I am going to do. I've got a .375 H&H Mag I'm really anxious to let loose somewhere...

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    It's more of a camping /fishing thing for me personally. I don't want to go remote camping since I'm introducing my kids to it for the first time. We've never had the chance to do it, and someplace not so remote, but with very few people, if any, is ideal. I have my own 200 yd range so shooting, is really secondary. Every public fishing area around me is stacked with people all summer long, so it's a bit of a chore to find a reasonably quiet place.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Lol, I see what you did there.

I've heard some good things about Linden. I just haven't yet committed a weekend and the ammo to going down there and buying a guest pass to try it out for myself. Therefore, I am as yet undecided on what I am going to do. I've got a .375 H&H Mag I'm really anxious to let loose somewhere...

Just do it. I've been a member for almost 15 years. Great place. I just renewed Saturday. I added $25 to the check. I told Pete "Tip included". He smiled, and said "Thanks". ;)

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    Linden Conservation Club
    25yards
    50yards
    100yards

I live just a couple of towns North of here and was wondering how this club was. After moving here a few years ago from NH I have had very little trigger time :(

Does anyone know their process for new members or who I could contact to find out more information?

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I would avoid Linden. Very busy, not nice. I never even drive up from Indianapolis to shoot there, nor am I a member of a club 1.5 hours from me. It's totally not worth the sporting clays range that you can get 6+ clays in the air at the same time. Totally avoid this place and leave it for people like me...wait, no, just join. DO IT!!

Seriously great club. I joined originally when I went to Purdue and then let my membership expire when I graduated and moved back to Indy. I have not found a better range closer so I joined again and make the drive.

For joining, just show up on a Saturday or Sunday and go into the main building and someone around there can help get you setup. I would think most weeknights someone could also but I have not been here during the week lately. One thing to note, no loaded firearms in the clubhouse. I leave the EDC in the truck when I know I have to go in there, or walk over to the pistol range and unload. Kinda a pain, and I am not a particularly big fan of it, but it is their rules and I'm sure there is good reason for it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Okay okay, Linden's nice. Don't forget to take Mr. Green with you, as they don't take plastic.

If you have the do-re-mi and time there's also Wildcat Valley, which is a VERY nice place. (It is worth every penny, however.)

I let my membership lapse to my dismay. I don't think they have a re-join provision...
    :(

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I belong to the Linden club, as does my son and other family members. The Club House is open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am—4:00 pm. You can call Paul Wright (club Vice President) at 765-491-2241 for any information you would like before visiting, or Email paulkwright@tds.net or [FONT=&quot](Lisa Geisler, club secretary)[/FONT] lgeisler77@frontier.com. They are extremely nice people! The yearly membership is $75 and includes your spouse and children under 18. Great people, great club.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    That sucks for AB. It really is frustrating that idiots have to ruin other people's property. Especially a nice range like that. I want to hope that they did it unintentionally, but I have my doubts...

Top Bottom