• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    new here and need a follow up please. I have a CETME from Century. I know and understand the issues as have been outlined on this forum. I have not found any links to any other forum or how-to's about the magizine re-tooling/mod's. If any of you out there know of or can point me to the mag specs so i can adjust my mags as needed i would appriciate it.

Issue: (I'm sure this is not new here, but ......)

the round jam:

• round will be 'grabbed' by the bolt and pushed into the chamber. ON the way up out of the magazine into the chamber the round's front/bullet end turn's up and the case/round will turn to an angle that is below the bolt's ability to continue to push the round in, causing the round to be caught and damaged before the round is seated or even makes it to the chamber.
    • off the cuff observations seem to lead me to a magizine problem. The follower plate pushing the round up creates an uneven force allowing the rounds to 'turn' in the mag in the front of the mag. this 'turn' seems to allow the 'front/bullet' end of the rounds still in the mag to push down in. As the bullet end of the round is pushed down, the loading round 'cock's' and jams as described above. Upon further inspection of the mag, the HK mags seem to have the spring on the follower a little further forward and the CETME Mag's are a little further back. I have one HK Mag that works flawlessly and the rest (both hk,CETME and others G3) jam as described above.

Please point me to a site or shoot me a point that might help.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got HK mags with mine and haven't had any issues. The issue MIGHT be with the way the HK mags are fitting on yours. I've read about some that have had issues where the HK mags don't fit exactly right and it causes feed problems. Most of these that I've read about have been due to the mag lips or the positioning of the mag in the mag well. If the mags sit too far back it won't strip the round from the mag. I've also read about some of the Century CETMEs having feeding issues because of the paint and some burrs inside the receiver.

Not sure if this will help but here is a video describing his problems and how he fixed it. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyeVMloqbAY]YouTube - Cetme, Failure to feed Century Arms[/ame]

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    thank you very much. The description of the jamming was on the money in the video. I will examine and asses the fix and let you know. Thanks again.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Not a problem. They're a lot of fun to shoot when they're functioning properly. Make sure to check your bolt head. Sometimes Century liked to grind them to get specs, pretty cheap and easy to fix if they did that on yours.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Have you checked GunBoards, there is a section specificaly for the spanish Cetme, I have one of the stainless receiver models. I do not have your problem but I have heard a couple fo things can cause this. The mag release sometimes is not properly aligned or a problem with the mags. The mags that do not function, are they worn? My Cetme runs fine on the alum or steel HK mags but did not, did not like the Cetme 20 rnds and finction fine with the 5 rnd mags. Check out the gunboard, if you do not find the info on a posting, I am sure someone will be able to answer you.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    the round jam:

• round will be 'grabbed' by the bolt and pushed into the chamber. ON the way up out of the magazine into the chamber the round's front/bullet end turn's up and the case/round will turn to an angle that is below the bolt's ability to continue to push the round in, causing the round to be caught and damaged before the round is seated or even makes it to the chamber.
    • off the cuff observations seem to lead me to a magizine problem. The follower plate pushing the round up creates an uneven force allowing the rounds to 'turn' in the mag in the front of the mag. this 'turn' seems to allow the 'front/bullet' end of the rounds still in the mag to push down in. As the bullet end of the round is pushed down, the loading round 'cock's' and jams as described above. Upon further inspection of the mag, the HK mags seem to have the spring on the follower a little further forward and the CETME Mag's are a little further back. I have one HK Mag that works flawlessly and the rest (both hk,CETME and others G3) jam as described above.

Matt

I had two magazines that behaved like this. I finally figured out that the inside of the magazine lips were sharper than the lips on my other mags, and were digging into the brass of the shell casing and causing it to bind.

The mags are so inexpensive that I just threw them away rather than dink around with them trying to fix them.

Please point me to a site or shoot me a point that might help.

Thanks

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    OK ... this is what i have learned and what worked for me. Hope it helps any one else if they run into the same missfire/doublefeed/jamming issue.

upon a very thorough inspection and following up with all of your recomended sites, here is what i have done. To be honest, it was quite simple, just time consuming.

I ground 1/8' off of the top/bolt side of the mag release and turned the mag release twords the bolt side of the weapon. I brazed in a shim to 'raise' the clip up to a better seat of the magizines. I also also ground the bottome of the magizine will about 1/32 to get enought slop to avoid binding during reload drills at the range.

Now after a few small grinds, measurements and brazes... this bad boy eats up the 7.62 DAG like it has never eaten before.....

MMMMMM .... 7.62 .....

thanks again guys... you all are an outstanding group of hoosiers and am in your debt. I will post pics when i get done having all this fun!!!

M

Top Bottom