• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I generally have plenty of brass and buy my bullets on line.

However, mail ordering primers and powder usually is not a good deal because of the HazMat fees.

When I lived in IL, I used to go to the old A to Z Reloading store on Morris St. in Indy. Seems that has been closed for a while. Did they move somewhere else, or are they just gone?

I was disappointed in the prices for primers at Gander. They sell them by the 100 instead of 1000, and their price winds up being about 2-3x what I am used to paying.

Where do Central Indiana folks go for best prices on powder and primers?

I generally use Accurate powders and Winchester primers. But if other brands are available at better prices, I will consider them.

Is there usually a good reloading table or two at the Indy 1500?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't reload, but I'm told Sportsman's Warehouse in Lafayette is the place to go for reloading supplies.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Sportsman's Warehouse usually has a nice selection. Since I first visited they became my main supplier of powder, bullets, and primers. Since early November though they have been stripped pretty bare from the way it sounds.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    The outdoorsman on 135 near Greenwood has a decent supply.

Really though, if you are willing to buy a bunch, you can make online ordering work out to your favor. Powdervalleyinc.com has good prices, all sorts of powder and primers and you can order combinations of powder and primers under one hazmat fee.

I find by the time I drive to the outdoorsman and back, I've got enough gas money wrapped up as shipping would cost. Then you pay taxes :( Plus the local shops have higher prices. In the end, you can make out ordering online if you're willing to put forth the initial $$$.

Perhaps you can go together with someone else who reloads? I know of folks who've done that, I just ordered enough ahead, I've got reloading supplies for another year, maybe two :)

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Yup, I agree with mospeada, I usually order from Powder Valley. I used to go in with a buddy who also reloaded, but the last couple times I ordered by myself. There are a couple of suppliers at the 1500, but usually ends up about the same as ordering from Powder Valley.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Powder Valley, Inc.

Order powder 48# at a time which is a full order and the cost of shipping $? and hazmat, $20 only adds about $1 or less per pound to the cost. PV is actually the supplier to most distributors in this area so you're kind of cutting out the middle man so to speak. If it wasn't for buying in bulk, I'd have to quit shooting.

Top Bottom