• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like to go to events downtown. The car ports and dark allies are the places of most concern when walking to places like conseco or lucus oil. So my question is has anyone had any problems with carring a gun into these places and what can I expect. I have had to give up my pocket knife at the front desk before at conseco, and then pick it up before I leave. is this the same with guns as well.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Most places aren't going to let you "check" your firearm at the desk..

I've got no idea about that kind of stuff, though.. I don't go to events at large venues..

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I went to some Colts games at Lucas Oil this year and got the full pat down before going in the gate so I would say they dont allow guns in there.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Hardy, har, har.:D

Broad Ripple does have a solid steak house (I am told). Perhaps I will take a certain someone there for her birthday.

Broad Ripple SteakHouse, The Bar, The Upper Room

And, yes, you can carry in Broad Ripple. However, you will fail to impress certain individuals.

Broad Ripple Steak House is awesome... It has been a year since I went there, which coincidentally is the same day I got my first ar. Other then that though Broad Ripple has little redeeming value as far as I can tell. To many people that are to full of them selves. But I would like to open carry there just to see the disgusted looks on peoples faces. :draw:

As far as caring downtown goes, you would probably be out of luck. Its been a long time since I have been to anything at a big stadium but when I have been there have always been security with some sort of wand or even in the case of Lions stadium in Detroit metal detectors. Besides Lucus and Consico, there really is not much else to do down there except for drinking and I would never carry if I knew I was going to be going into bars.

stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I figured it wouldnt be a good idea. I thought I would ask before before I tried it. Mostly when I carry down town, its out to eat or going to crackers. I will have to check that place out in Broad Ripple.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I went to some Colts games at Lucas Oil this year and got the full pat down before going in the gate so I would say they dont allow guns in there.

They barely pat you down at all. If one wanted a gun in Lucas, he could get it.

That said, I am not condoning breaking their rules or any laws. Just that the bad guys could easily get a gun in if they wanted so it's kinda a pointless pat down.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I went to the first F-! race at the Speedway which was right after 911. They kept talking up the security on the news prior to the event. I coulda snuck a bazooka in there.:rolleyes: I have not been to any games at Lucas but got wanded every time I went to the RCA dome but I was usually going to a suite.

Top Bottom