• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blitz91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Terre Haute, In
    so I requested a catalog from Caspian Arms and I'm really liking their products as far as i can tell they seem to be really well machined. I'm interested in putting together a 1911 from parts, i would like to know if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with Caspian products either shooting or on the build side, or is there another company you would go with for 1911 parts. any help is good help!

:cheers:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I have a slide that will be going on a Colt frame soon. It will be getting a complete make over by AllenM. I will have him post lots of pics when it's complete.

blitz91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Terre Haute, In
    hmmm.... i hadnt thought about buying a cheaper used frame thats still in good shape then adding some of their parts to improve it, i really like the idea of that since i planned on going with their carbon steel "classic" frame anyway

:rockwoot:

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Caspian Frames and Slides have been used for MEU/SOC replacement parts prior to the new M45 Colt build. AMU has built both Match and "Working" special project guns utilizing Caspian parts. Vickers Spec'ed Caspian for his first Build Classes. Some of the Top Smiths in the country build on Caspian parts.

Oh and I would not trade mine for anything short of an original Full House Vickers. Side by side against the Wilsons, Baers, Browns, NHs I have shot I would take mine. No slam on these excellent craftsmen, just very fond of my LVP Build.

Short Answer is Caspian is world class for bullseye or fighting 1911 base parts.

That said Drillsgt makes a good point on Remsport.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I had a Colt frame develop a couple of cracks in the frame over the years and replaced it with a stainless Caspian frame. Very nice quality.

Top Bottom