• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    So I plan on traveling to Ohio for thanksgiving. my aunt lives an hour past the Indiana boarder. I looked it up and Ohio doesn't accept Indiana ltch. what are your suggestions I don't want to not carry a gun just because of the last hour of my drive?? Do I have to do like in Illinois where I unload it and put the clip some were else?? and obviously I cant carry any where else once I get there correct.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    If you get your Utah permit, you can carry in Ohio. Ohio mandates that you take a class in order to get your CCW. So it is only reciptory with states that do the same.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Carry a Shotgun. Its legal. :)

Are you sure about that???
    If you can, do a search. The Ohio carry subject has been covered in depth here a couple times. What ever you do, don't just take the loaded mag out and store it someplace else. In Ohio that a loaded mag seperate from a gun is the same as a loaded gun. Make sure you unload the mag and gun completely before storing.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    Ok thanks guys I was not aware of the unloading the magazine part... ill probably just take a revolver and dump the bullets out if i have to.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I am taking a class tomorrow afternoon to meet the requirements for the Florida non-resident permit. I travel to OH and NE a couple of times per year. This will allow me to be legal in both states.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    The Florida license is ridiculously easy to meet the "training requirement". I used the $18 online test and certification I had to get for the IN Hunting License because I was born after whatever date. The test was a joke, and it is soooo easy to get a hunter's education card.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Also In Ohio a loaded Magazine ( and if they want to push a Speed loader) constitutes a loaded firearm,

Are you sure about that???
    If you can, do a search. The Ohio carry subject has been covered in depth here a couple times. What ever you do, don't just take the loaded mag out and store it someplace else. In Ohio that a loaded mag seperate from a gun is the same as a loaded gun. Make sure you unload the mag and gun completely before storing.

Don't just guess, guys. Cite the law or case law that you get this from.

Ohio law does not require a license for open carry. be careful, though, because even slightly concealed (OWB holster with a t-shirt covering part of it) can be charged with CCW.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Just open carry. Be sure to look up where you are and are not allowed to carry, Ohio is a lot more restrictive than Indiana as to where you can carry.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    too late for ths year, but get a Florida permit, its easy and cheap, and with your Indiana permit gives you over 30 states

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    The Florida license is ridiculously easy to meet the "training requirement". I used the $18 online test and certification I had to get for the IN Hunting License because I was born after whatever date. The test was a joke, and it is soooo easy to get a hunter's education card.

What course/where?

Top Bottom