• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MedicMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Henryville, IN
    I will be at IU Med center in the next few days and was wondering about carring while there. I know there is signs posted and they general carry no merit in Indiana. However not sure about downtown Indy other than parks and goverment buildings.

Thanks in advance.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Well as a student of the lovely *cough* liberal school Indiana University, if you consider the IU Med Center as a part of an IU campus, they don't like it.

But I'm sure someone else has a better answer.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I will be at IU Med center in the next few days and was wondering about carring while there. I know there is signs posted and they general carry no merit in Indiana. However not sure about downtown Indy other than parks and goverment buildings.

Thanks in advance.

Yes there are signs outside the hospital which do not carry the force of law in Indiana.

Know that it is on the campus of IUPUI. IN code says no guns on "school property" but it refers to post secondary institutions (colleges, universities) as "institutions of higher learning." I have yet to come across in IN code what constitutes a "school" other than being owned by a school district or something vague which could be construed however they want it to be.

You may want to make an anonymous call to the hospitals security. They are most likely well versed in their firearms procedures as I'm sure they come across them from patients coming in with them. IUPUI police will let you lock up your gun at their police station, but that is a block away from the hospital. Also, IUPUI police does NOT serve the hospitals, they have their own police force/security/whatever.

I don't know what you are going for, but know that concealed doesn't necessarily stay concealed in a hospital setting. (disrobing, MRI, etc). Some hospital staff are probably aware of applicable laws but I would guess that most are not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I attend the Neurology Clinic at IU Hospital. Believe me, they (security) don't like the sight of a firearm. I CC there, and my Neuro doc is cool with it, as he has his own LTCH. BTW, it is my understanding that Indy Parks is not allowed.

MedicMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Henryville, IN
    Just got back for IU Med center, no problems at all. Kept it covered my family didn't even know I was carrying until we just got home. Thanks guys.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I always carry while at Riley. If I am staying the night I take my GunVault Microvault with me. Usually I stay until late in the evening and my wife spends the night. I sure as heck won't walk around those garages at night without one.

Top Bottom