• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I was looking through Indiana code, and was wondering if it is legal to carry a club-like weapon, (say an ASP baton) on your person or in your car. I was able to find the info on stun guns and knives, but was wondering about clubs...

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Get thee to ASP training and get all the answers you seek. Used improperly, the ASP is a lethal weapon and you WILL be held liable for your actions. Also, the untrained are easily disarmed and the ASP used against them.

Sure, it legal to carry one, but it is not that simple.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Get thee to ASP training and get all the answers you seek. Used improperly, the ASP is a lethal weapon and you WILL be held liable for your actions. Also, the untrained are easily disarmed and the ASP used against them.

Sure, it legal to carry one, but it is not that simple.

I've had ASP training, although it was a long time ago. I was employed as a home detention officer at one time, and we carried them. That was about 12 years ago, though, so it probably wouldn't hurt to get a refresher course. Mainly, I just wanted to stick it in the car as an addition to my LTCH weapon. Thanks for the replies!

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I carry a Monadnock baton... have a few different models and I've had to use one in a self defense situation.

Nothing illegal about them in Indiana.. proper training and deployment are the key.

To make a long story very short.. I was thanked by the police for not shooting this person, even though I would have been justified in doing so.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I carry in my truck a mini novelty baseball bat. I got it from the Louisville Slugger Museum but they can be found lots of places. I would never use it as a weapon but Id hate to be unprepared if a random baseball game broke out. :)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I carry in my truck a mini novelty baseball bat. I got it from the Louisville Slugger Museum but they can be found lots of places. I would never use it as a weapon but Id hate to be unprepared if a random baseball game broke out. :)

I carry a 4-D cell maglite in my truck for much the same reason... ;)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I carry a 4-D cell maglite in my truck for much the same reason... ;)

I just have a 3-D in my car, but I don't feel the need to "compensate";). And I have it in case I need a light, but it does make one heck of a good club if needed.

In before all the I just have a mini/micro in my car.:D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I just have a 3-D in my car, but I don't feel the need to "compensate";). And I have it in case I need a light, but it does make one heck of a good club if needed.

In before all the I just have a mini/micro in my car.:D

Hah...

No need to compensate for me, was just being a thrifty spender. The day I went to buy a 2D Mag for my truck, the store had a sale on these 4D mags. Someone had ordered Silver ones in and they were not moving. So they slashed the prices. It cost me a dollar less to get a Silver 4D than it was going to cost me to get a black 2D.... ;)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hah...

No need to compensate for me, was just being a thrifty spender. The day I went to buy a 2D Mag for my truck, the store had a sale on these 4D mags. Someone had ordered Silver ones in and they were not moving. So they slashed the prices. It cost me a dollar less to get a Silver 4D than it was going to cost me to get a black 2D.... ;)

The reason I have the 3D is because I found it at a garage sale for $3 15 years ago or so.

My son has the 4D for pretty much the same reason you do, except the sale on his was because it was an incandescent bulb not the new LEDs.

ETA not quite sure just how thrifty we were, after figuring the cost of the extra batteries over the years.....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom