• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So thinking about going to Niagara Falls, and then maybe on to Maine. What are the rules for each state we will pass through. I assume NY is totally F ed, but maybe if the gun is broken and in a lock box or something I can pass through? Will not be entering Canada (no passports), so that is not an issue. Ohio, NY, Vermont, new Hampshire, and Maine. Maybe down to Boston so any info on Massachusetts as well. Thanks for what ever knowledge you all have.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Ohio you're good especially if ya have the indiana license..the others... doubt it. Nra has a good source on their website for state travel

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    NY and MA are going to be your problems. CT possibly, depending on your return route.
    Including magazine capacity restrictions (<= 10)

Simply transporting (unloaded, in the trunk) is generally OK, but "large" capacity magazines are still a problem.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Would also need to check which states you have an obligation to notify law enforcement…. I think it is the dumbest law ever to tell an officer “I have a gun” for a traffic stop but :dunno:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    NY you can't stop/stay in... If you're driving through, and not stopping/staying anywhere beyond getting gas, you should be good with ammo separate & locked from firearm. Unsure about their latest magazine laws.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Stay out of NY, CT, and MA. And you really, really need not cross into NJ for any reason with guns. Draconian laws and law enforcement in these states are not your friends. Period!

Top Bottom