• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    No loaded firearms or clips in the building. Thats what the signs say. Open carry and unloaded is fine.

That's what the rule is,

But I would advise the "don't ask/don't tell" policy here - I can guarantee some of the 'thug' crowd there ARE carrying. AND every time I've gone to the show a product (most of the time a pistol) has been stolen off of a table.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    I dont leave anything to chance. I more or less pretend that I dont see the sign at the door.....and I dont hear the nice LCPD officer ask if I have any weapons. :):

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Done both

Ive done both. I heard a gun went off a month or two ago at the cp fairgrounds and almost shot some guy. Guns do get stolen there, I'm sure it happens at all shows unfortunately. It would have to be the dumbest son of a bitch to shoot up a gunshow but......You take your chances is all. The chances of being caught are slim to none but there still is a chance. My friend who was a ranger used to let the cops tie his gun then walk straight to the bathroom and cut it off. I laughed.....The cp gun show sucks now anyway. Valpo is the best around here.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I haven't taken a firearm in before, but I have taken a couple out (after purchasing of course). Don't they run a zip tie through the barrel of the handguns? You can still find a good fitting holster with a thin zip tie holding the slide open a little. Then on the way out just show it's still intact. I'd rather find a holster that way instead of having a Cabela's employee walk me through the store.

Top Bottom