• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I would note that they were moving the line along with only minor stoppages for towing until they reached a (light) truck w/ trailer. The line stopped advancing there.

Now while it's not impossible to tow those items, it does pose a logistical challenge. And they seem unwilling to leave an unsecured trailer behind their security line.

Something to stash away in the memory banks...

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That’s true. Many people did call for people just running over those BLM protesters. And that’s certainly an emotional response to BLM blocking streets. What’s also true, many people who were caught in the middle of it were drug out of their cars, beaten, and even shot.

Regardless, ignoring which cause is which, it’s easier not to have an emotional response when the people blocking the streets are not violent. I don’t like what the Truckers are doing. But I’m a lot less likely to have a knee jerk emotional response to them than I am people who violently drag people out of their cars and harm them.
    I have zero problems with anyone using force to defend themselves at one of these roadblock protests, including deadly force against any armed protestors who threaten a motorist's life. I'm talking about the simple act of denying freedom of movement by blocking the road, regardless of cause.

I give the trucker's props, they aren't blocking some random interstate highway. They are affecting interstate commerce by blocking a border crossing. But despite the cheerleading here, not everyone is so enthralled. These things tend to backfire if they go on long enough.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I'm beginning to think the cops aren't trying very hard. They take most of the day to clear truckers off the bridge. They back them up a block or so then place barriers to keep them off the bridge. Still NO TRAFFIC crossing the bridge.

Lpherr

Occupied

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I wouldn't use MSM as a reliable source.:dunno:
    Believe what you want, but Canada is about 80% fully vaccinated. And if there's one thing I know about people in general, it's that they only give a damn about rights when it's their rights that are being threatened. And that goes for red, blue or any other color.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Meh. No link to the poll, no info on methodology beyond the MoE claim, which seems to indicate it is a voice response poll of a preselected group rather than a random sample

Guessing you probably believe 0Biden's approval rating is only ten points under water also - you know, because pollsters say so

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Believe what you want, but Canada is about 80% fully vaccinated. And if there's one thing I know about people in general, it's that they only give a damn about rights when it's their rights that are being threatened. And that goes for red, blue or any other color.
    And the truckers themselves are at least that percentage, due to the rules set for them.
    They’re not anti-vax.
    I think they got tired of the moving and unending goalposts.
    They’re anti mandate.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm beginning to think the cops aren't trying very hard. They take most of the day to clear truckers off the bridge. They back them up a block or so then place barriers to keep them off the bridge. Still NO TRAFFIC crossing the bridge.

They have to check for bombs from those evil "insurrectionists".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    First, link to a quoted poll's methodology should always be in the article that quotes it, I have a search engine I just didn't care enough to bother

Second:

Methodology
    These are some of the findings from a study released by Maru Public Opinion undertaken by its sample and data collection experts at Maru/Blue February 9-10, 2022, among a random selection of 1506 Canadian adults who are Maru Voice Canada panelists. The results were weighted by education, age, gender, and region (and in Quebec, language) to match the population, according to Census data. For comparison purposes, a probability sample of this size has an estimated margin of error (which measures sampling variability) of +/- 2.5%, 19 times out of 20.
    As I mentioned, pre-selected tame panel, not a random selection. Don't be fooled by the claim that there can be a 'random selection' from among a preselected group in the sense that a random sample of a minimum size is necessary to establish the relationship of such a poll to the general population being modeled as well as set its confidence interval(s)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And the truckers themselves are at least that percentage, due to the rules set for them.
    They’re not anti-vax.
    I think they got tired of the moving and unending goalposts.
    They’re anti mandate.
    Truckers in Canada have a high rate of vaccination. That doesn't meant that these truckers have a high rate of vaccination amongst them. I find it hard to believe that truckers who comply with vaccine mandates are going to put their livelihoods and potentially their freedom in jeopardy over mandates that they've already complied with.

Good on any of the truckers who have already complied with the mandates and are putting their futures in jeopardy for their fellow drivers who haven't complied. Call me cynical, but I rarely see that kind of nobility these days.

My guess is that "nothing left to lose" is closer to the truth for the majority of these protestors.

Note: Cited news article has not been vetted by the BugI02 Ministry of Truth

Top Bottom