• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Called the 1-800 number. The front line clerk took my info, no transfer. They getting slammed with calls maybe?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just read #19, I think Jim is pissed.

Arent we all?

Once again "This shouldnt be hard."

So Im also new to this sausage factory. So these new amendments get voted up/down individually to hopefully clean up this clusterf**** of offensively ridiculous amendments?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Arent we all?

So Im also new to this sausage factory. So these new amendments get voted up/down individually to hopefully clean up this clusterf**** of offensively ridiculous amendments?

I'm mad - at the vile person who committed the crimes; and then at ... you usual other groups/propgandist etc.

I both should and shouldn't be hard ... (IMO) ... The founders (IMO) envisioned the citizenry being vested in the government process.
    and passing bumd bleep laws - that shouldn't be - should be hard ...
    however - restoring rights based on facts, ... vs ... instead adding emo heart string amendments that are crap ... should be easy.

as to today's events? Some Amendments may be withdrawn; some may be contingent up earlier ones. some may be ruled out on procedural grounds.
    (being non-germane to the bill) ... and my "guess" from unnamed but reliable intel -
    is that all of the one s listed could get tossed and something else not yet listed could be added.

session starts at 2 - but there are 36 bills on 2nd reading (to amend or move to 3rd reading); 5 on 3rd reading (final vote) -
    and they are doing the ones on 2nd reading with "amendments" last ...
    SB 33 has more amendments listed than most of the other - combined. - so I suspect it will be last.

ETA: of the 35 others on 2nd reading - 15 of these have a total of 26 amendments ... SB 33 is up to 19 amendments.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Right. By easy I mean "Hey, this separate church on the same parcel of land isnt really a school if you use common sense so lets carve out that building from the ACTUAL school." So craft a bill and exempt the church building. Maybe add a few amendments to make reasonable responses to otherwise lawful carriers who venture into the school accidentally.

Instead we have unrelated virtue signaling amendments and other BS dragging it down.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a feeling this may go to tomorrow ...
    They started out with an announcement of some function from 5:30 to 8:30 -

Then the sound/ feed cut out - but I thought I heard Speed and/or Torr "PASS" when the started at the top of 2nd reading - at about 2:30 ...

so ... ugh ...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Arent we all?

Amendment 19 has a pissed off feel to it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are all these amendments coming up just to cause the bill to fail?

I wouldnt put it past them. "you want your bill? How bad do you want it, hmmmm?" Either way they win; either we dont gain any more gun rights, or they get more gun restrictions. (unless the amendment is so awful it is voted down)

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK ... i redact the "it might be tomorrow" in post 226 (or 246 - ... whatever - 4 posts back) ... they are almost ready to return to the top of the list of bills to be amended ...
    Not sure if they'll do the 5 final (3rd) readings or not before they do that.

OK at 3:39 - they just did go to 3rd readings. ...

it is a maze sometimes even when you've followed this for a while.

(FIXED POST # ... i can't read ... )

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My screen shows there is a page 7 to this thread but I can't see it. I get to post 240 and nothing after that. Checking to see if this will let me see the next page.

Edit: I had to go back to page 2 and temporarily unapprove 20 posts to put the ones I had not seen on page 6. Will restore those now.

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK they did adjourn ... now - so that's it until 10 AM tomorrow ...
    More Amendments? Possible? I almost think Probably.

6 bills for tomorrow on 2nd reading. - and many for 3rd ... no idea where they will start.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks for the play by play Bill. Long day...

I am guessing today will be LONGER ... they more or less have to finish all 2nd readings today IIRC (w/o going back to look at calendar / schedule).

RECONVENE 10 AM (if they are on time today)

Good news - No 'newly listed' amendments for SB 33.
    Bad news:
    29 bills on 3rd reading
    18 bills on 2nd reading - 12 with amendments (including SB 33) -

AND - IN ADDITION TO SB 33 - we probalby need to watch SB 303 and SB 387 - both are "EDUCATION" related.
    (sneaky people may do sneaky things is all I'm gonna say - or try) ...

I'll be watching / listening but if others can chime in ... and I don't have time to check those other 2 - but there are about 10 amendments between those.

jumpjet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I am guessing today will be LONGER ... they more or less have to finish all 2nd readings today IIRC (w/o going back to look at calendar/schedule).

On the calendar it lists tomorrow, Friday the 2nd as "No Session, Fallback Second Reading Deadline". So I wouldn't be surprised to see this extended to tomorrow.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    GOING TO SECOND READINGS AFTER LUNCH ...

They did second readings without amendments - and are doing 3rd readings now until lunch - then when they come back - 2nd readings.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Session will be up at 1:45 (ISH - or a few minutes after, the way they have been going)

SB 33 COULD / SHOULD be the first thing - unless they pass or change the order due to number of amendments on this.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    On the calendar it lists tomorrow, Friday the 2nd as "No Session, Fallback Second Reading Deadline". So I wouldn't be surprised to see this extended to tomorrow.

they finished all but 3 (maybe 4) of the 3rd readings and broke for lunch at 12:15 -
    all 2nd readings without amendment - already finished, so now 12 bills with amendments ... could go to tomorrow, but I suspect they will finish this today.

back at 1:45 ...

Top Bottom