• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrythegamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Winchester,IN
    I'll explain my situation I live in the country so it is legal to shoot here. Last night we lost power from 3am til 10 am and i believe the coyotes used the darkness to come eat 2 1/2 of my 8 kittens. My question is if since they found a food source and return tonight would it be legal for me to shoot and kill them. I also have a problem with opossums and racoons but the just eat the cat food if the come am i also able to shoot them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What about shooting them out of season on property that someone has leased the hunting rights on? We saw too many during turkey season this year and they do little to assist the turkey population. Wouldn't mind dropping a few this summer.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Shoot, shovel, shut up. I've got one that's been in our area for the last year or two and haven't managed to get a shot at it, yet. When I do, it's toast.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I hope your outside cats are vaccinated against rabies and wear their collars and tags, and you have them trained not to leave your property, all in accordance with state law and Randolph County Ordinances.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What about shooting them out of season on property that someone has leased the hunting rights on? We saw too many during turkey season this year and they do little to assist the turkey population. Wouldn't mind dropping a few this summer.

All you need in this case is a permission note signed by the property owner to take coyote from their land, and you're good to go.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    All you need in this case is a permission note signed by the property owner to take coyote from their land, and you're good to go.

The written lease specifies deer, turkey and coyote hunting rights. Would that cover it or does it need to specify nuisance coyote to be covered out of season?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The written lease specifies deer, turkey and coyote hunting rights. Would that cover it or does it need to specify nuisance coyote to be covered out of season?

You should be good to go. We hunt them adjacent to a friends property with signed permission. Have had 1 Ranger speak to us about it when we got back to the kubota. He was very cool and liked the head count for the day.

ar15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    As long as you can annotate that they are a common nuisance to you and your property, they are free practice! Happy hunting!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You should be good to go. We hunt them adjacent to a friends property with signed permission. Have had 1 Ranger speak to us about it when we got back to the kubota. He was very cool and liked the head count for the day.

Awesome. Hopefully there will be a few who meet their demise at the business end of a suppressed .308 soon.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I HATE nuisance animals like that. If they were eating my cats, every adult in my household would have an AR ready. Shoot now, ask questions later. BTW, you should be waiting and watching for them and not on INGO!!

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    If they were eating my cats I would keep them inside, and quit putting cat food and cats outside to attract them?

Not that there is anything wrong with hunting, I just think it's pretty stupid to complain when they get you back. It's entirely the persons fault.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Awesome. Hopefully there will be a few who meet their demise at the business end of a suppressed .308 soon.

Dog food, meat renderings, anything along these lines. Bait them a few days apart and they will make the area a stop over. If you are solo you can get a few this way. Works for us.

Fan blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Try to keep the food in an open area. They are cautious animals and do not like entering enclosures/fenced areas.

Top Bottom