• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    I'm always on the look out for family friendly campgrounds. We have a fifth wheel we pull around. We like to have electric sites, with or without water. Camp in a lot of state parks now. Mostly because you know what you are getting and they usually dont have a bunch of road noise. Interested in hearing about some of your favorite spots. I have a wife, as 10 year old daughter, and a 7 year old boy.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    We go to Obannon woods near Corydon a lot. It is quiet and under used. Often times we are the only ones camped in a section. The Ohio river runs along the park and the small towns around the park are nice, like Leavenworth.

climber409

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Franklin
    4hour drive to natural bridge state park in KY.They have two campgrounds but are closed in the winter.There is alot to see in the surrounding area(Red River Gorge).

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Charles town state park, the last time was about 5 years ago and we counted 20 campers in about 175 sites.
    The bathrooms and showers were always clean and well stocked due to the low NO. Of campers.
    And the beauty is you are only 30 miles from clifty falls, which has better trails, but their campground is always full.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Go straight down 231 from Lafayette and head West on 36 to his Raccoon Lake. This is where I introduced my wife (born and raised in urban downtown Indianapolis) and kids to camping. They loved it.

Along with the camping, you can rent boats from the marina to go fishing or cruising on the lake with, if you so choose to.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Northern Indiana has Potato Creek State Park if you are into flatland camping. You can nearly have the place to yourself in September October during the week. Nice bike trails. Spacious sites and very clean bathrooms. Though I have never camped obannon I have been there many times and it is great too.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    We REALLY like Porcupine Mountain State Park. U.P. Michigan on the West side. Cool weather even in August, but go after black fly season.

Top Bottom