• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    My kids do more damage to my house than the afghans did to CAIN I should probably deport them.

We took barracks that were already in some form of disrepair and packed them full of people for 5 months and are shocked that repairs are needed. I fully expected it to cost more than it is.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    16 million? If anyone knows someone who was a job site foreman or similar position that worked on government bases and heard the stories... thats pretty much what a sidewalk and maybe 1 building would cost (ok slight exaggeration, but slight).

Not saying they didn't do damage, but for the sake of "fair and balanced" you have to understand how incredibly easy it is to sensationalise that price tag when 95% of the readers have a private sector understanding.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    These costs can be broken down.

Basically $132,000 in repairs/refinishing per building.

Each "resident" caused about $2,200 in damage.

Seems like for painting, it cost .gov about $32,000 to refinish and repaint a building big enough for around 60 people in.

Google tells me it costs between $2 and $6 per square foot to paint an interior. Assuming there is about 100 square feet per person per building, and 60 people, could maybe expect costs of between $12,000 and $36,000.

Heck, if they paid $300 per mattress, that is $2.1 million right there.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    These costs can be broken down.

Basically $132,000 in repairs/refinishing per building.

Each "resident" caused about $2,200 in damage.

Seems like for painting, it cost .gov about $32,000 to refinish and repaint a building big enough for around 60 people in.

Google tells me it costs between $2 and $6 per square foot to paint an interior. Assuming there is about 100 square feet per person per building, and 60 people, could maybe expect costs of between $12,000 and $36,000.

Heck, if they paid $300 per mattress, that is $2.1 million right there.
    I'm going to be really upset if they pay $300 for those jail mats they call mattresses. Lol

$16 mil isn't that much when .gov is involved. I've done jobs that could have been done for a 1/4 of the price they paid but that OT starts flowing in on them government jobs so I never complained.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm going to be really upset if they pay $300 for those jail mats they call mattresses. Lol

$16 mil isn't that much when .gov is involved. I've done jobs that could have been done for a 1/4 of the price they paid but that OT starts flowing in on them government jobs so I never complained.
    The government, especially the military, have a lot more rules and red tape than the private sector. Way more chiefs than indians when it comes to projects.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The government, especially the military, have a lot more rules and red tape than the private sector. Way more chiefs than indians when it comes to projects.
    USA made, waterproof/bugproof.. heavy duty institutional use...factor in delivery, disposal, and labor per mattress, 300 easy.

Top Bottom