• ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    45 minutes isn't bad... I use to have to drive 2 hours

Well, the drive isn't bad, but the gas mileage in my vehicle is, lol.
    That and working 10+ hours a day.

I'm still considering it though, since we don't get out there often (and less as it gets closer to deer season, to not "stir things up"), we don't have a good idea of movement and patterns. We know where, just not when, how many, or often which direction at what time, except when we go out when snow is on and see which direction the freshest tracks go, lol. We've got corn on one side of the property (this year), weed field on the other (bedding area) and a river at the back (water), so we know the travel routes, just want to see what we have and when they move!

And with only hunting 3 weekends a year, possibly less this year due to work (Turkey day weekend might be my only shot), I want every advantage I can get!

How durable and watertight are these suckers?

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Pulled the card again tonight when I got in from work..I am now up to 6 turkey's, 1 8 pointer, 1 6 pointer, 1 spike, 2 fawns, several doe, 3 raccoons, 1 squirrel, 1 fox, 1 coyote, 1 possum lol

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    pulled mine and the mineral block out last night. Lots of does, young and old.

No bucks, but that's okay, come the first week of Nov, they'll come find these does :D

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    PICT0049.JPG
    PICT0126.JPG
    PICT0127.JPG
    PICT0135.JPG
    PICT0170.JPG

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    heh, I have a logging road on our farm that looks almost exactly like that trail.

Believe it or not it did not look like that til first thing this spring.I've always deer hunted right from that tree that my stand is in and every year kill at least 2(knock on wood) depending on the room in my freezer lol
    I had always wanted to start a small food plot just to see if it would make a difference or increase critter traffic.I ended up lugging the tiller thru the woods on a few occasions after clearing off the brush and saplings.I planted it all in clover during the spring and all was well until the summer drought hit and it died off.:noway:
    Decided to try again so mid August I re-tilled and planted a mix of winter wheat,sorghum,alfalfa in the hopes that I would get at least a small growth going.As you can see in the picture all the tiny green sprouts are there,but still not sure how it will go.The deer have ate some and the turkeys love it so far...
    Next spring I plan to go out there and triple the size of it width wise and get a good fertilizer base down and plant a nice mix.To the right out of the picture frame is a lake so I plan to use a small pump if we have another summer drought and use that to water it all.

Here is a satellite picture of my hunting grounds so you can see where it's all set up at and where the deer and turkeys normally travel route wise.Sorry for the crappy marking job,but it is 2am lol

Hunting.jpg

Top Bottom