• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Wow am I reading this right, background checks for ammo sales? I bet that is going to stop the bad guys from getting their hands on ammo, just like it did for their guns.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Yeah well if the Witch gets elected you can bet she will model the nations guns laws after Cali. If not Australia.........

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well, let me show my "prejudice" .....

NOT to knock LEO,

BUT, Ret. LEO, exempt from mag., restrictions,

BUT, NO MENTION, of Ret., MILITARY .....

COLOR ME SURPRISED !!!!!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Only limited and open shooters are screwed. :D
    Limited 10, SS, Prod, and Revo still OK unless some fine print says otherwise. Looks like Open 10 will be the new hotness.

I loved that state when we rode through it on motorcycles but hated the politics an government BS that one had to deal with to live there.
    I feel sorry for those that have to be there for jobs, family, etc.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Couple blog posts are saying the expanded definition of "assault weapon" will then include ANY firearm that uses a detachable magazine., eff. 2019

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So in commiefornia, if you own a standard capacity AK mag (30 round) or standard capacity Beretta 92 mag (15 or 17 round) with no grandfather clause, and you don't turn in your suddenly now illegal mags, are you an instant felon, and if so, what does the law matter? And if you take it further... not going there.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Couple blog posts are saying the expanded definition of "assault weapon" will then include ANY firearm that uses a detachable magazine., eff. 2019

Bullet button ban (SB 880/AB 1135): California already bans the sale of rifles that have detachable magazines—where pushing a button with a finger can dislodge the weapon’s magazine. Gun manufacturers have instead added “bullet buttons,” which still allow the magazine to slide out, but require the tip of a bullet or another pointed object to access it. The bill includes weapons with “bullet buttons” in the detachable magazine ban. SIGNED BOTH.

Seems like the near future for handguns. If they leave revolver reloading alone they could become the 'high capacity
    assault weapon' , probably will outlaw the moon clips.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    At some point the whacko pols out there will run out of new gun laws. Of course their real goal is a total ban and confiscation. What's in the air out there?

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Man, this is absolutely ridiculous. How does a state that large have these kind of election issues? Surely the rest of that state isn't as daft as San Francisco or LA.....

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I don't see any wording about the "grandfathered" hi cap mags that the sheepies have already registered as being exempt from the NEW magazine ban. So, they dutifully registered their mags, and NOW they have to get rid of them. The police have lists of all the registered hi cap mags and who owns them. Of course they have NO IDEA of what the criminals have.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, let me show my "prejudice" .....

NOT to knock LEO,

BUT, Ret. LEO, exempt from mag., restrictions,

BUT, NO MENTION, of Ret., MILITARY .....

COLOR ME SURPRISED !!!!!

I would have a problem not only with retired LEO but presently serving LEO being exempted. This may draw some static from some folks, but establishing two different sets of laws is how you convert public servants to public masters.

Top Bottom