Buying Guns Online - What should I do differently?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    Two Bear Arms. 8 miles west of Warsaw and 5 miles north of Mentone. Excellent folks there.
    Just a little shop in the woods. (with a great selection)

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    This is a great point, and something I'm trying to keep in mind. I'm not really in a hurry, but it would be nice to at least know that they are in possession of the lower receiver. UPS just "lost" some jewelry I had ordered for my wife so I'm a bit sensitive about where my stuff is right now.
    Most carriers have a spot on their website that allows you to print off proof of delivery including the date, time, and name of the person who signed for it when it was delivered. You can take that with you if you decide to confront them if they say they don't have it.

streetsamurai7

Dungeon Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Most carriers have a spot on their website that allows you to print off proof of delivery including the date, time, and name of the person who signed for it when it was delivered. You can take that with you if you decide to confront them if they say they don't have it.
    Yep, I’ve got that ready on my phone for the big showdown. Hopefully they are cool when I call on Tuesday.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My FFL, Downham & Sons Shooters supply in Logansport are awesome with receiving my GB purchases. They always call me the day my gun arrives. The NICS check is smooth. They charge $35.00 to receive the gun for me and do the paperwork, but I usually give them $40.00 to show my appreciation. Like has been mentioned on here. I try to buy ammo, gun socks or whatever when I need it from them. We are on a first name basis when I walk in. Kinda like on the old sitcom "Cheers". Sometimes I just go in and sit on the "liars bench" and just chew the fat. Not purchase anything just sit and talk. That in itself builds a owner customer relationship. They are a small Mom & Pop LGS that has been in business since 1969. One does not last that long by messing up or forgetting to call customers. So in closing like has been said...find a new FFL. Just my two cents.
    Excellent small town shop! I always try to stop in there any chance I can when I'm in the area, which isn't all that often, but I love that shop. Great people

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    My local guy moved to Tennessee, he was great but I needed a new FFL for transfers.. I drove by Kenny's Gun Sales in New Albany and they had a sign up advertising for transfer business. I like that they wanted the business. I gave them a call and have done a couple of transfers there. When I want to buy something new I'll give them the first chance to sell it to me. Small local and want the business.

Top Bottom