• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, after reading all the Busse threads, and after Paddling Man very graciously took his time out to school a noob on Busse 101, I finally placed an order today for a 2008 Jackhammer SE!

I'll post some pics when I get her in my hot little hands. In the meantime, I am gonna camp out in the front yard and stalk the FedEx guy. :)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    where did you order that? I don't see at busse combat or the company store.

edit: nevermind I see you got voxhogs.

Last edited:

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's here! It's a bit bigger than I expected, that was a pleasant surprise :)

jackhammer640.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Aaaahhh... the Jackhammer. It was a special design blade for a Busse / Les Baer collaboration.

Pictured below for the special:
    IMG_0107Medium-1.jpg

I've got that particular model that you purchased. They were made as a no-frills, high performance model. Sharp as h*** and feels good in the hand.
    0020-Busse-lg-2.jpg

Let the madness begin!

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love it, it's stupid sharp. You can shave with it. :)

The downside? It's too nice. No way would I actually use this thing, it's a piece of art. I am going to have to buy one that someone has used to poke holes in oil drums or something, with maybe a scratch or two, to get my mind around carrying it :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The downside? It's too nice. No way would I actually use this thing, it's a piece of art. I am going to have to buy one that someone has used to poke holes in oil drums or something, with maybe a scratch or two, to get my mind around carrying it :)

I always come to this same issue myself. You spend uber $$$ on uber high-quality gear. . . . . and now you don't want to use it or get it dirty. :D

So you buy a $5 knife from a bucket at Menards and use THAT to do your cutting chores. . . . chores that would be better served using your OTHER knife!

Ahh! ;)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Use it!!! The competition grade like you purchased were especially made to perform well and use hard.

With any blade from a guild $mith or cu$tom maker, only the first swing hurts... after that it is all muscle memory!

2009-04-12-19.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Use it!!! The competition grade like you purchased were especially made to perform well and use hard.

With any blade from a guild or cu maker, only the first swing hurts... after that it is all muscle memory!

2009-04-12-19.jpg

couldn't agree more! although that first swing is hard to do. but just remember it's a busse so your covered if you fudge it up. I'm now dying to killa z and the white tiger sar.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis

With any blade from a guild or cu maker, only the first swing hurts... after that it is all muscle memory!

But, since it's my first Busse, don't I have to build a small shrine to it? Then sacrifice lesser knives at it's altar? :)

If anyone is interested, I suddenly have several Gerbers, CRKT's, Kershaw's, and a Junglee for sale, lol!

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    couldn't agree more! although that first swing is hard to do. but just remember it's a busse so your covered if you fudge it up. I'm now dying to killa z and the white tiger sar.

Dude, I am so with you on this. The guy who sold me the Jackhammer accidentally sent me a Game Warden on the first pass (he got our shipping boxes crossed with another customer). Before I sent it back, I had a chance to hold it and give it a good look. As an every day carry knife, that size Busse would be about perfect, but I like the SAR4 design much better. However, I was not loving the orange and black handle the Store had in stock. White and Black? If they keep the blade satin, I will be all over that :)

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    busse

I first saw Busse at the 1500 two shows ago and laughed to myself about how much they cost. After researching them I realized they were the best and of course got a bug up my ass to get one. I bought an active duty with kydex and leather sheath on Ebay, pretty much the same as the game warden and love it. You can find some sweet deals on used ones there. Now when I go to the shows I am always looking for used ones as people get them and dont use em cause there too "nice". Now I want a Busse hogfish then a tomahawk from RMJ.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I love it, it's stupid sharp. You can shave with it. :)

USE IT!!!! I've used one of the first 100 Battle Mistress ever made a lot. I even used a 20 oz. framing hamming on it to beat it thru a 6x6 treated timber once. They are made to be used. After you whack it the first time you'll be fine:D

Bob

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    With use, comes love. I've got several "safe queens." Many fewer now than before the last couple of years moving expenses.

The most beautiful one in my collection is well used. She is a "friend."

When I was a young man, I dated thin pretty girls. As I get older, the young thin ones look like they need to eat a sandwich and I suspect if they are on drugs. Beauty is smoothed and not harsh. It is well loved. The rough edges have given way to experience.

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

Bob (flatlander) - I believe the one on the left is yours? :):;)

can-o-whupa2.jpg

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yep....Both the ones on the left:laugh:
    The bigger one is a "Nuke Heart" Variant one of a kind and the other is my Leaner Meaner. That was taken after a INFI 1500;)

Bob

Top Bottom