• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I anticipate this show having an outrageous turnout- probably its largest ever. The big question is that with gun stores already being cleaned out of the AWB type firearms, will there be twice the crowd with half the supply? I picture some people camping out Thursday to try to be first through the door.

Also, this will probably be a terrific show to buy revolvers, bolt and lever rifles, and shotguns. Everyone will walk right past those trying to buy AR's, AK's, and wonder nines.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am tempted to throw an AR over my shoulder just to see what someone would pay. Don't set a price, just say "name your best offer" when asked.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    It's a question of how strongly you believe legislation will actually pass. If you think it will pass... hold onto that thing for a few years and just watch the prices creep higher and higher. Double, triple, maybe quadruple. If it doesn't pass, the night before they vote would be peak value time on your rifle. Although, for the simple fact that legislation has even been attempted there will probably still be years of booming sales regardless of it not passing.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Friday afternoon though... I close my eyes and picture Willy Wonka opening the vault to the Chocolate Room. It will be a mad house in there. People believing (and possibly rightly so) that this is the last chance they will ever have at a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Friday afternoon though... I close my eyes and picture Willy Wonka opening the vault to the Chocolate Room. It will be a mad house in there. People believing (and possibly rightly so) that this is the last chance they will ever have at a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.

Im glad I own 1911's and revolvers. So I dont have to worry about the crazy prices for mags that hold over 10 rounds. :D

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm kinda concerned that there will be 3x as many people pointing a muzzle at me and 3x as many NDs as usual. Having said that, I probably will still drop by :(

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You couldn't get me to the 1500 on a bet. This upcoming show will be absolutely crazy.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If it is anything like that January 1500 a couple of years ago. Oh man, it is going to be a mad house. I really hope to go and people watch.

tightlines

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    should be an interesting show. I always tell myself I am not returning to the 1500 when I walk out, but I always seem to have the urge to return when the next show comes around. If the media buzz continues to the time of the show, we might see reporters/journalists in the parking lot.

tactical1224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    LaPorte, IN
    I agree with a few previous posts. I would be willing to take my AR to the show and see what I could get. Wouldn't be sad to part with it. Have other things in my collection that I like better. Wouldn't mind finding a few nice lever actions!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I agree with a few previous posts. I would be willing to take my AR to the show and see what I could get. Wouldn't be sad to part with it. Have other things in my collection that I like better. Wouldn't mind finding a few nice lever actions!

I'd be afraid of getting gang raped in the parking lot if I carried my sexy Colt M4 to the 1500! :D

Seriously though, I expect all the vendors to be sold out of anything good, as they are now. So I have no reason to attend. I'll just wait patiently to see if my backorder for PMags and M193 ever gets filled from MidwayUSA. The 1500 will be so packed with rude people that it would be miserable anyways.

if (1500 == (Very low inventory + Price gouging + Greedy buyers + Overcrowding + Noob Gawkers))
    stayAtHome_orShopOnline();

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll be going. There's always something I'm looking for. Plus, I've got my first stab at reloading gear on the UPS truck right now. That gives me a couple of weeks to set it up, use it and figure out what my shopping list for the 1500 should be.

I disagree with one of the previous posts saying the people are rude. I've always found the 1500 attendees to be very polite. Now, there are enough muzzle sweeps to last a lifetime but rude and ignorant/careless are different.

C ya,

brian

Top Bottom