• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'll soon be putting a new roof on my house and the more I look at the lines and weatherhead the more they become an eyesore. Some of my neighbors have theirs buried and it looks a lot better without the lines running over the back yard.

What's it gonna cost? What will I have to pay for and what will Duke Energy pay for?

Thanks a lot.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Depends on Distance, What amp Service you want or need , any upgrades , I did a 400 amp upgrade on the farm it was right at 5k for my part of it, Sold the farm Now the retirement Home different electric company I did a 200 amp to the house and 200 amp to the Garage two meters was approx 1600.00

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Back in 1983 I did it to a house in town. The cost to disconnect existing service and bury the line was $300 if I had 150 A or less, $150 if I had 200 A or more. Duh! That was the cost to the utility. Then paid an electrician to put a new service box and conduit outside the house, new service panel inside (from 4 15A fused circuits to 28 20A breakers). Another $500.

So ask your utility how much for your distance and service Amps. Then what will an electrician charge to hook it up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So much per foot for Duke to bury. I had mine buried when I bought my current home. 115'=$1150. That is just the bury to the meter. I also upgraded to 200 amp service, had a new panel box put in and moved the panel box to a location that meets code, new service wire from meter to panel box(30' or so of cable), new outside meter panel with disconnect. That part cost me $1975.

Oh, and Duke won't pay for anything depending on how you look at it. You are basically paying Duke $10/ft to convert your home from overhead to buried service.

Or if it makes you feel better, you can say "I am paying $10/ft for excavation and Duke is supplying the cable".:)

Top Bottom