• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    That other thread was locked before we could explore this topic thoroughly. Folks were trying to derail the thread with asinine posts about post counts, or somesuch nonsense. Not nearly as important, anyway, as BK.

With the cost of primers and powder, I really don't do fast food restaurants -- or any other for that matter -- a heckuva lot. The times I do, it's Culver's or BK.

What did I miss? Why the BK hate here?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That other thread was locked before we could explore this topic thoroughly. Folks were trying to derail the thread with asinine posts about post counts, or somesuch nonsense. Not nearly as important, anyway, as BK.

With the cost of primers and powder, I really don't do fast food restaurants -- or any other for that matter -- a heckuva lot. The times I do, it's Culver's or BK.

What did I miss? Why the BK hate here?
    From the Archives...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But on a serious note, they are now soggy, greasy undercooked patties. If it wasnt for the smoke bellowing out of the roof, I'd suspect they are cooked on a griddle with smoke flavor added.

The fries are barely "meh".

And what is up with those onion flavored rings? They taste OK, but they have an unsettling texture inside, and half the time they give me mild intestinal discomfort hours later.

On another level, there is DQ. Burgers are a little better, but the onion rings are to die for. Probably the best rings I've ever had.

Now if you can find a good well run Hardees with dedicated, competent staff, those burgers are AWESOME. Cooked well, including some charring and tastes as good as a burger coming off your grill at home. Sadly I havent found one of those since Covid.

Dont get me wrong. If the kids want BK, I'll eat it. But its not that good.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    But on a serious note, they are now soggy, greasy undercooked patties. If it wasnt for the smoke bellowing out of the roof, I'd suspect they are cooked on a griddle with smoke flavor added.

The fries are barely "meh".

And what is up with those onion flavored rings? They taste OK, but they have an unsettling texture inside, and half the time they give me mild intestinal discomfort hours later.

On another level, there is DQ. Burgers are a little better, but the onion rings are to die for. Probably the best rings I've ever had.

Now if you can find a good well run Hardees with dedicated, competent staff, those burgers are AWESOME. Cooked well, including some charring and tastes as good as a burger coming off your grill at home. Sadly I havent found one of those since Covid.

Dont get me wrong. If the kids want BK, I'll eat it. But its not that good.

I dunno. The local one in Wabash seems to be pretty awesome. They don't seem to be greasy -- I dislike greaseburgers.

I do agree with the onion rings though. They used to have real onion rings when I was a kid. Sometime later, they changed them. They're just OK now.

At some point they also got rid of the large shakes. I used to get those all the time when out cruising in the 1990s. If course, cruising isn't allowed anymore, either.

I've never been a fry person.

The Dairy Queen we had here had rubbery, tasteless burgers. They couldn't get their crap together and went out of business. But DQ... Nope. Kelly's Ice Cream and Culver's are both so much better in the dessert department.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    BK has been very active and vocal in the anti-gun agenda in the past. I haven't been in one for over a decade also due to the menu changing. I'm also done with Subway for the same reasons, but I mainly stopped due to their ingredients tasting synthetic all of a sudden.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    BK has been very active and vocal in the anti-gun agenda in the past. I haven't been in one for over a decade also due to the menu changing. I'm also done with Subway for the same reasons, but I mainly stopped due to their ingredients tasting synthetic all of a sudden.

Anti-gun? Seriously? They're a restauran chain. Why would they feel the need to get involved with gun stuff?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The BK that used to be in Bedford was great. That aroma wafting out of the place at lunch time was too much for me to ignore on many a day. Now? They tore down the old store and replaced it. The old building was getting a bit tired but I didn't go for the ambiance. I went for that char-broiled deliciousness. They ruined it when they built the new store. Just ruined it.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Anti-gun? Seriously? They're a restauran chain. Why would they feel the need to get involved with gun stuff?
    Budweiser is a beer producer, so why did they feel the need to get involved and throw their opinion around about a hot topic?

And it isn't just Budweiser.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Budweiser is a beer producer, so why did they feel the need to get involved and throw their opinion around about a hot topic?

And it isn't just Budweiser.
    My thoughts exactly.

It generally doesn't end well for the companies. You'd think they'd learn at some point.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    my local BK was advertising tacos, next door to Taco Bell.

I haven’t been going to much fast food lately as most want you to use their app for the full menu and reasonable prices

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Steak n Shake was my go to favorite burger joint for nearly 50 years since it was my first real job. The quality kept going down and after going to a Culver’s in Wisconsin they’re my new favorite. Their fish sandwich is excellent too! BK will do in a pinch but their Whoppers are about half as big as before.
    Red Robin has excellent burgers as well.
    As far as refilling your soda with a cup from a competitor it’s just wrong and I see no issue being called out on it. It’s also wrong to bring in a cup from a prior purchase to refill, see that in the hood a lot. Might be the reason some stores are placing drink machines behind the counter again.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Steak n Shake was my go to favorite burger joint for nearly 50 years since it was my first real job. The quality kept going down and after going to a Culver’s in Wisconsin they’re my new favorite. Their fish sandwich is excellent too! BK will do in a pinch but their Whoppers are about half as big as before.
    Red Robin has excellent burgers as well.
    As far as refilling your soda with a cup from a competitor it’s just wrong and I see no issue being called out on it. It’s also wrong to bring in a cup from a prior purchase to refill, see that in the hood a lot. Might be the reason some stores are placing drink machines behind the counter again.
    Red Robin has descended to fast food level.
    They were pretty good about 15 years ago, but have let their quality slide by a lot.
    Even the fries no longer come out with the seasoning on them.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Red Robin has descended to fast food level.
    They were pretty good about 15 years ago, but have let their quality slide by a lot.
    Even the fries no longer come out with the seasoning on them.
    That’s a bummer. I haven’t been to one in a couple years. I liked their burgers and shakes.

Top Bottom