• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Was over at my parents this afternoon for a bit and remember my dad mentioning that one of the neighbors, who we are friends with, had called him earlier in the week about a dead deer on their property. I had been pretty busy this week, and had not had a chance to go check it out, but I had a bit of time today, so I did. Well, I got over there to find this guy.
    IMG_2492.jpg
    [/IMG]
    I looked him over very closely to see if there were any obvious wounds from arrows and did not find any marks, other than those the coyotes had left. So I called the sheriffs dept. to report it, and they seemed to think that it had gotten stuck in the electric after being chased by coyotes. Regardless of how it got there, it stinks that this mature deer ended up this way, going to waste, and not being able to provide my dad with a nice freezer full of venison, and a heck of a trophy.
    IMG_2491.jpg
    [/IMG]

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    None that I could see. The officer I spoke wih said that the CO may want a tissue sample to check for any illness. Ironically, after finding this guy I drove to meet up with a buddy to hunt in brown county, and did not see any deer. It was still a great evening to be out though. Was just hoping to see a nice buck like I had seen earlier in the afternoon come strolling by my stand.

Top Bottom