• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    As an Indiana resident, I rarely get a chance to shoot over 500 yards. But when I get the chance to reach out to distance, I really enjoy it. As such, I have been thinking about a budget precision rifle build and then this video from Texas Plinking popped up on my feed. Pretty good looking rifle for less than $1600 bucks. Thinking I might do this build....unless anyone has other better options for a budget gun.

Here are the links to the build parts:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    If you’re only looking to build, I’m no help, but if you’re open to buying Ruger Precision gets pretty good reviews
    I have one in 300 win mag, don’t have much trigger time with her yet, but she runs smooth

Howa makes a chassis setup identical to the one you’ve linked

Devilpig

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2018
    Northeast Indy
    You can also check out the Bergara B14 line, it's a Remington 700 (clone) action, you can start with the basic rifle and upgrade parts as you get the money to do so. The Remington 700 probably still had the most aftermarket support for bolt guns so you'd have a ton of variety.

buttonblue

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    North Manchester, IN
    Hmmm.... Component build vs. factory build..... Would you rather see if you are crafty enough to build a 500+ yard rifle or would you rather be handed one.... That seems like the very first question to be answered. Of course, I have been full of it before. Probably am again.

Top Bottom