• ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Bud Shootout tonight.
    Anyone else been looking forward to the start of the stock car racing season?

Wonder how Danica will do this year since she is running both series.

:popcorn:

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Very ready for the season to start. As for Danica...I expect results similar to her first few starts last year. She'll run, and she'll do moderate (12-25 place finish most of the time), but I don't think she'll make the transition to a career here, she'll be back in open wheel if the support/fan base hangs on for that series. Nascar is still a "good ol boys club" in some ways, my guess is that in many eyes she still has some dues to pay and won't get a lot of help.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    As far as danica i would like to see her on the pole.

I would also like to be pushing her from behind. (come on guys get your heads out of the pits)

It should be a good race and race week coming up. Smaller spoiler, fuel injection, little air holes in the grills so they can't two car all day long. going back to the pack racing and I expect to see the big one sooner in the race.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Arca race was good and looking forward to this season.

Danica will run mid pack most all season. Might win a fuel mileage race. But not a major factor.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Myself I would much rather see the two car draft instead of the 200 mph traffic jam that they have changed the rules again to try to get back. In my opinion the folks that want to see the big one aren't real race fans and thats exactly who nascar are catering to.
    Lets get the Daytona 500 traffic jam over and get on to some real racing. .02!!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Myself I would much rather see the two car draft instead of the 200 mph traffic jam that they have changed the rules again to try to get back. In my opinion the folks that want to see the big one aren't real race fans and thats exactly who nascar are catering to.
    Lets get the Daytona 500 traffic jam over and get on to some real racing. .02!!

I like the "traffic jam" because that is what Daytona has always been. When a car can go from 22 to 3 in a half a lap it makes for some great racing. They are the worlds best drivers for a reason and they put on a good show.The two car tandem made for a slow and boring Daytona last year. I don't think its the crash people want to see, it's the 3 wide side by side racing and the slingshot moves. :twocents:

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm just looking forward to getting to see it this season since I'm off on weekends now. Been awhile since I got to just throw the tv on and watch an entire race.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Real race cars don't have fenders.
    Please? We won't go there. There's plenty of room for us all. I particularly like LeMans and Rolex Series and they have fenders. It's where all the F1 flunkies end up after all (or DTM).

Seriously, though. Looks like contact will make for multiple "Big Ones". I can only dream of them changing downforce rules and tire compunds to mimmick some of the 80s racing. Make the drivers drive it and take care of it. It WILL slow them down one way or another. They can only slide around so long before crashing so they back out of the gas instead. Remember Darlington in the 80s? No going flat out...they couldn't. And had to take care of the tires.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Not a Kyle Busch fan, but can't help have at least a little respect for a guy that was involved in not one, but both big wrecks, and still pulled off a win.

On a "side note" glad to see J Gordon walk away!!

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I like the "traffic jam" because that is what Daytona has always been. When a car can go from 22 to 3 in a half a lap it makes for some great racing. They are the worlds best drivers for a reason and they put on a good show.The two car tandem made for a slow and boring Daytona last year. I don't think its the crash people want to see, it's the 3 wide side by side racing and the slingshot moves. :twocents:

In 1973 Richard Petty won the race with a 2 lap margin of victory and that doesn't happen with the "traffic jam" we have now. You can make an argument that running away with the race would not make a good race either. I would guess that me being 49 I remember the racing different then a younger fan does.
    I guess the thing that bothers me the most is with the "traffic jam" we end up with alot of good cars and racers that lose their shot at the win by no fault of their own but because they were in the wrong half of the field when trouble started.
    Won't it be exciting this year when the winner of the Daytona 500 comes across the finish line along with the remaining 10 cars left in the field and all of them are tore up? :n00b: :twocents: :noway:

Top Bottom