• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have a 10mm, 38 super, and 22lr on my want list. Didnt know they have them in 44mag, 45wm, and 50. Guess I'm not halfway...
    I suppose I've pretty much covered my list although I didn't really have a "list". Don't forget 50GI, 22TCM and 22TCM9R as well as the Coonan models. Also 9x21 and 9X23, Honestly the 1911 list will be a tough one to complete.

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    I have several on my "bucket" list I'd love to have.

1) Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull, with the 6.5" barrel.
    2) 1911 in 38 Super, built as an informal target pistol.
    3) 1911 in 10mm.
    4) Winchester Model 94 in 32 Winchester Special.
    5) Remington Model 700 in 7x57 Mauser.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I suppose I've pretty much covered my list although I didn't really have a "list". Don't forget 50GI, 22TCM and 22TCM9R as well as the Coonan models. Also 9x21 and 9X23, Honestly the 1911 list will be a tough one to complete.
    If it was a easy task everybody would be doing it and it wouldn't be cool :cool:

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    My grail gun list is pretty short right now but is subject to change as I discover new guns that move me.

First and most likely to be added to my safe someday is the Winchester Model 71. Having a .358 Winchester would definitely inspire me to book a black bear hunt.

Second but most desired is a Westinghouse Electric made Winchester 1895 in 7.62x54R from the Czarist contract that was captured by the Finns and then pressed back into service against the Russians. I mean a John Browning designed lever action that fought communists twice for two different nations, what’s not to like!

A 5 1/2” Colt Bisley Peacemaker in .44 Special so I could have my own version of Elmer Keith’s #5 would be nice too.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Full auto Thompson
    M1d garand
    1903a4
    I have bought sold and traded to get everything else I have wanted. Shot them ,traded to get the next one. These were the only ones I have not been able to get......yet. They will be keepers . If only the lottery will pull my numbers..

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    When I was a child in my grandfathers attic holding his 1873 Springfield Trapdoor the thought of shooting 45/70 was all I ever wanted to do.

Many years later, the feelings haven't changed. Not only is it fun and fulfilling but it brings back memories of my childhood and my 'Gramps". Where could you possibly go from there?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Full auto Thompson
    M1d garand
    1903a4
    I have bought sold and traded to get everything else I have wanted. Shot them ,traded to get the next one. These were the only ones I have not been able to get......yet. They will be keepers . If only the lottery will pull my numbers..
    Yeah. Last time I handled a Thompson it was worth about $30,000.

Thank you again to my associate who owns 2.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I was fortunate to serve this country, fight a war, and got to shoot alot of belt fed, full auto on the government's expense.

Ma Duece takes the cake, I just wish I would have grabbed one of the 12" boulders we split in half at Camp Atterbury. It was a gorgeous fall afternoon, really dry, found a boulder we had shot - perfectly split in two!!! during brass round up and fire prevention. About 30 minutes later, sky was black and the entire range was on fire.

Mark 19s are extremely exhilarating too!!! Something about launching a 40mm grenade almost silently up to 400 meters, then seeing it explode, annihilating an old deuce or 5 ton.

I was a SAW gunner for almost 2 years before I got my sergeant stripes. Belt fed 5.56mm with every 5th round a tracer, on a night fire exercise, with parachuting flares lighting up the impact area.......almost better than sex.....almost.

M240 Bravo (belt fed 308)..... did get to qualify early on. The fondest memory of this weapon system was directing the gunner to engage hostiles in a cinderblock hut, going up MSR Tampa in Iraq. Not being behind the trigger and feeling that recoil, but seeing the building's cinder blocks crumble from the impact.

I'd have to say bucket list would be any lever action. I have never owned or fired the rifle that won the west in this great nation. None of my gun buddies around here own one......someday I'll get my chance.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    A M1 is high on my list. Preferably to own.

A mag dump of something FA. Won't ever own one but would love to shoot.

Top Bottom