• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Just looking at a detailed cleaning and lubrication including hammers and trigger assembly.
    This shotgun functions perfectly so no repairs needed. This is a 1998 model purchased used.
    Just looking at ability, location, and overall cost to provide this service.
    Any Smiths out there with this skill set ?

Last edited:

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Just looking at a detailed cleaning and lubrication including hammers and trigger assembly.
    This shotgun functions perfectly so no repairs needed. This is a 1998 model purchased used.
    Just looking at ability, location, and overall cost to provide this service.
    Any Smiths out there with this skill set ?
    Question....

Why the "Authorized Gunsmith?" Just wondering for my own curiosity!

Thank you!

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Question....

Why the "Authorized Gunsmith?" Just wondering for my own curiosity!

Thank you!
    Well I was thinking that there are some Smiths that have more experience with these types of firearms. But that’s just me being over protective of such a fine and valuable firearm. No insult intended here.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Do it, you just need a long hollow ground flathead to remove the stock bolt. I just replaced the firing pins on my 725 myself as it was a very easy experience. Took me about two hours and I am guessing next time will take maybe an hour tops.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Yeah ... what ^^^^ he said ... do it!

If, and only if, you get into a jam after getting it apart for cleaning, then take the bag of parts to a gunsmith to show you how to reassemble.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Assuming the internals of the 725 and the Lighting are the same, that didn't appear overly difficult.
    The parts dont interchange. But the design is the same. From 1977 to current production the same desgin.
    If you have an ultra somic cleaner with some rubbing acholol. And no need to disassemble. Just make sure you lube it up after wards.

If you haven't replaced any spings or firing pins. This will be a good time to do so.

If you have under 30k rds shouldn't be an issue. But if over 30k I would change it out

These are the best set of firing pins I have used. Way better than factory. And above j&p as well.

The guy to talk to at target shotguns. Is Steven Rademacher. He is a factory trained gun smith for many of the best shotguns in the world. I talked to him in person at the grand american trap shoot last year. He can answer any questions about cleaning and basic service of your citori. He hand fits new parts to citori when needed.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    The parts dont interchange. But the design is the same. From 1977 to current production the same desgin.
    If you have an ultra somic cleaner with some rubbing acholol. And no need to disassemble. Just make sure you lube it up after wards.

If you haven't replaced any spings or firing pins. This will be a good time to do so.

If you have under 30k rds shouldn't be an issue. But if over 30k I would change it out

These are the best set of firing pins I have used. Way better than factory. And above j&p as well.

The guy to talk to at target shotguns. Is Steven Rademacher. He is a factory trained gun smith for many of the best shotguns in the world. I talked to him in person at the grand american trap shoot last year. He can answer any questions about cleaning and basic service of your citori. He hand fits new parts to citori when needed.
    Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, I do not have an ultrasonic cleaner.
    I have no idea how many rounds have been through this shotgun since I bought it used, but it functions perfectly.
    I may be just overthinking this, but that little voice in my head is telling me to that the receiver needs a good cleaning and lube.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, I do not have an ultrasonic cleaner.
    I have no idea how many rounds have been through this shotgun since I bought it used, but it functions perfectly.
    I may be just overthinking this, but that little voice in my head is telling me to that the receiver needs a good cleaning and lube.
    A good cleaning and lube is always a good idea, especially during the grey winter months. An ultrasonic cleaner is not a necessity to perform a good clean and lube.

If you don't know how many rounds have been through this shotgun, changing the springs and other wearable items is also a good idea. Start shooting when it warms up with a "brand new" shotgun!

Top Bottom