• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sure I've said that. I have to consider my audience. Not under arrest, meaning you are not going to jail yet. I have a hard enough time explaining State law to people. You should see the blank stares when you start talking Constitutional law.

I get it- but as I'm sure you know, from a "when do constitutional rights kick in" perspective, not free to go is not free to go.

I am always a little surprised that virtually no one ever invokes the right to counsel when handcuffed. The concept of “being detained “ seems to be an interrogation tool. Everyone thinks, if I talk enough I will talk my way out of this.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, I have had dozens of physician clients who think that, after they have been sued, "If I just explain it to the plaintiff's attorney, he will understand he has no case. and drop it" Never seen it happen in over 20 years. Not one time.

Now, when literal brain surgeons think they can talk their way out of something, think about the mindset of the average shirtless mope in a 20 year old Accord.

Last edited:

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I get it- but as I'm sure you know, from a "when do constitutional rights kick in" perspective, not free to go is not free to go.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, I have had dozens of physician clients who think that, after they have been sued, "If I just explain it to the plaintiff's attorney, he will understand he has no case. and drop it" Never seen it happen in over 20 years. Not one time.

Now, when literal brain surgeons think they can talk their way out of something, think about the mindset of the average shirtless mope in a 20 year old Accord.

Excellent little book I read last year (Lawyers should buy in bulk and distribute with their cards):
    https://www.amazon.com/You-Have-Rig.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Top Bottom