• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    Im not really sure on this or if anyone will know for 100% sure, but my brother asked me to find out. My brother is stationed in San Antonio right now and wants to be able to carry while he is down there and off base(he will be there two years). He dosnt yet have his Indiana Ltch but will be applying for it when he comes back for cristmas. Will he be able to carry with his Indiana ltch when he gets it or will he need to get issued one from texas?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Im not really sure on this or if anyone will know for 100% sure, but my brother asked me to find out. My brother is stationed in San Antonio right now and wants to be able to carry while he is down there and off base(he will be there two years). He dosnt yet have his Indiana Ltch but will be applying for it when he comes back for cristmas. Will he be able to carry with his Indiana ltch when he gets it or will he need to get issued one from texas?
    Google up "Texas Dept of Public Safety", click on "Frequently Asked Questions" and check No. 16. It states that military personnel stationed in TX can immediately apply for their license. For all others it is a 6 months wait to establish residency. I recommend calling the department and verifying the above info no matter what the web site says. Could a government agency ever make a mistake? Heck no but it's good practice to call and write down the answer, date of contact and full name of the person you talked to. Good luck and God bless your brother!:)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Texas also requires a 10 hour training class with a demonstrated proficiency test. If you qualify with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver, but if you pass the test with a semi auto, you can carry anything. Once the class, test, finger printing, photograph, application and payment is taken care of, You are at the Mercy of the folks in Austin for a long time. You can check that they have received the packet, but it still takes months to actually get it. I am glad Texas waives the 6 month residency requirement for the servicemen.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    If he is an Indiana resident, I don't see why he doesn't apply for an Indiana LTCH, it is recognized in TX

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    If he is an Indiana resident, I don't see why he doesn't apply for an Indiana LTCH, it is recognized in TX

Thats what he is doing when he comes home from texas for cristmas.(becasue he is a indiana resident) Thats what I wanted to know and was in a hurry last night so I didnt look up texas law to see if the recognize indiana ltch.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Thats what he is doing when he comes home from texas for cristmas.(becasue he is a indiana resident) Thats what I wanted to know and was in a hurry last night so I didnt look up texas law to see if the recognize indiana ltch.
    Sorry but I responded before I reread your OP. It sounds like getting his Indiana license would be the easiest and best way to go.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom