• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Good job.....and glad to hear you are noting what could have been done differently and/or better. Every situation, no matter the outcome, can be learned from.
    Be safe out there warrior.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Good idea to send it back to Remington with the story of what happened, I'm betting you'll get a new shotgun at the very least.

Wyatt Earp clubbed far more people with his guns than he ever shot, a police weapon has to be tough.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Can you borrow a shotgun to get you through till yours is fixed or replaced?

Anybody have a tactical shotgun sitting around that they could loan this officer?

[video=youtube;IeZbm1m0rdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZbm1m0rdg[/video]

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You should have used a Lanyard and this would have never happened !

I would let you use my Mossburg 500 But I am afraid you might hurt yourself when it does not break under pressure!

I wish I could get paid to wrestle and break stuff.

Nothing Follows

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009

Anybody have a tactical shotgun sitting around that they could loan this officer?
    Turnerdye1, I have a nice tactical 870 you can borrow for the time being if need be. You gotta come up to Fishers to get it and return it, but what good is INGO if we can’t hook up an LEO in need?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Yep, he can borrow my spare 870. It is properly setup and ready to go. It comes equipped with Federal Flight Control which will make people notice a bit faster then bean bags. But seriously, if OP needs a shotgun just come down to Seymour and get it.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN

[video=youtube;IeZbm1m0rdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZbm1m0rdg[/video]

Turnerdye1, I have a nice tactical 870 you can borrow for the time being if need be. You gotta come up to Fishers to get it and return it, but what good is INGO if we can’t hook up an LEO in need?

Yep, he can borrow my spare 870. It is properly setup and ready to go. It comes equipped with Federal Flight Control which will make people notice a bit faster then bean bags. But seriously, if OP needs a shotgun just come down to Seymour and get it.

Thank you guys very much! INGO is a hell of a place and an extremely supportive group. You guys and I've had a few PM's so far about letting me borrow their guns. This says alot about the quality people we have here.

Funny thing is the chief heard about the incident and my gun and ended up giving me his department issued 870. He said I'll need it more then he will and handed it over! Supportive admin is rare in this field but he's a hell of a guy.

Great opportunity for Remington here, just write them a nice letter and I’ll bet it turns out well for you.
    Holy crap. Glad you made it out alive. Yeah I would get with Remington first.

I contacted Remington today about the issue and the lady I spoke to was concerned about the break and said they want the gun to inspect. So they are paying for the shipping there and we'll see how it goes from there. She stated to include my departments case number and a short narrative of what happened and put it in the box. So time will tell...

*I copied my short narrative of what happened to the first post for any new people reading this*

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you guys very much! INGO is a hell of a place and an extremely supportive group. You guys and I've had a few PM's so far about letting me borrow their guns. This says alot about the quality people we have here.

Funny thing is the chief heard about the incident and my gun and ended up giving me his department issued 870. He said I'll need it more then he will and handed it over! Supportive admin is rare in this field but he's a hell of a guy.

I contacted Remington today about the issue and the lady I spoke to was concerned about the break and said they want the gun to inspect. So they are paying for the shipping there and we'll see how it goes from there. She stated to include my departments case number and a short narrative of what happened and put it in the box. So time will tell...

*I copied my short narrative of what happened to the first post for any new people reading this*

Yes, Ingo is a great place.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    If you wrote the details in the report and have a good prosecutor he will add costs of a new gun into the plea agreement/ sentencing, and eventually restitution should be paid to you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you wrote the details in the report and have a good prosecutor he will add costs of a new gun into the plea agreement/ sentencing, and eventually restitution should be paid to you.

And he will probably be paid about the time he retires. :):

Often times restitution payments are like blood from a turnip.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Not an NFA violation.

2. I'd call Remington.

3. MCPA sits on an enormous cookie jar of money each year from diversions/withhold prosecutions. Maybe Curry has a separate program for cops (don't know). I'd call Victim Advocate at MCPA at (317) 327-6941 and see if they have a form to apply for replacement costs. As well, this was RLE/BLEO? Maybe call MCPA and ask for the supervisor of 48G08/09 and talk to them?

Top Bottom