• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody else been watching the marathon of british car love today? I've always enjoyed the show and it makes me laugh so hard it hurts sometimes! :laugh: Sometimes the screw ups are EPIC lol.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Definitely one of the best shows on Television. Turning a Reliant Robin into a space shuttle and launching it was one of my favorite episodes.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    :laugh: Yea all of the above! I saw the Stig roll it on the test track last night! This show is one of the few reasons I actually watch tv. :D
    They revealed that Michael Schumacher is actually the Stig. For some reason, I was leaning toward Lewis Hamilton.

I also love the rivalries between Clarkson, Hammond and May during the different challenges.

Slightly OT, but for those who saw the Hot Wheels jump at the 500 this year, the yellow Hot Wheels driver was Tanner Foust, one of the hosts of the American Top Gear.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SjX7A_FR6g[/ame]

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    IMO the american top gear can't hold a candle to the uk top gear. my favorite episode is when they had to find the perfect car for a 17 year old, then they screwed up mays audio.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    IMO the american top gear can't hold a candle to the uk top gear. my favorite episode is when they had to find the perfect car for a 17 year old, then they screwed up mays audio.

Agreed. Though there is no denying that Tanner's jump was badass and neither Clarkson and Co., nor the Australian hosts are likely to top it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    THe competitions between the 3 are by far the best part, I don't think any of them has let me down yet! I just watched the "make your own caravan" episode, holy crap my sides hurt from laughing!! :laugh::laugh: The american top gear had some good laughs but nothing compared to the british series. Rutledge and Foust are ok, the other dude needs to go. Tanner does know how to drive though, I will give him that. Ever watch battle of the supercars? Jeremy and James crack me up, Richard is funny but a close third. :)

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The hosts of the American Top Gear just don’t have the personality or delivery of Clark, Hammond, or May.

It SOUNDS like they use the same writers, as I can imagine the british guys reading the lines on the American version, but it’s just not the same.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Loved the episode where they went up against their German counterparts. They weren't allowed to mention the war, so instead of driving up in their british sports cars, they flew in buzzing them in spitfires and seafurys! The double-decker race where two cars were welded on top of each other (guy on top steers, bottom works brake/throttle) and the driver on top (one of the camera crew, I think) lost his artificial arm was classic!

Or the trip across Italy where James May's navigator was some hot bimbo and Jeremy's was some midget who didn't speak english...

Their trip across america was classic as well!

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    its the reason I have cable and the reliant robin is hilarious I really do wish I had one though (insert random redneck thoughts here)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've been making my way through all the episodes that are on NetFlix. Up to 56 or 56... Love it! Halfway there!

-J-

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    The hosts of the American Top Gear just don’t have the personality or delivery of Clark, Hammond, or May.

It SOUNDS like they use the same writers, as I can imagine the british guys reading the lines on the American version, but it’s just not the same.

They've also had 16 series up to this point, which gives them a lot of practice. There is a reason the 1st season isn't on Netflix anymore (that I can find)...it absolutely sucked. The 3rd host was booted and Captain Slow was brought in.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Love this show...my 10 year old daughter and I watch it together. She once said "Ferrari's are nice but there is just something about American muscle cars..." She's partial to late 60's Mustangs. I teared up a bit...that's my girl! :-)

Just doin' my best to raise a well rounded kid, she knows what Bugatti's are as well as Shelby Cobras, so far so good.

-Drew

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think watching Top Gear has me even MORE biased against American cars...

All while being glad that the super-micro cars aren't very common over here.

And I know that I really want a Jaguar and an Aston Martin.

-J-

Top Bottom