• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You are probably familiar with the phrase "bring home the bacon." In the twelfth century, a church in the English town of Dunmow promised a side of bacon to any married man who could swear before the congregation and God that he had not quarreled with his wife for a year and a day. A husband who could bring home the bacon was held in high esteem by the community for his forebearance.

Bacon History

Wow.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    You are probably familiar with the phrase "bring home the bacon." In the twelfth century, a church in the English town of Dunmow promised a side of bacon to any married man who could swear before the congregation and God that he had not quarreled with his wife for a year and a day. A husband who could bring home the bacon was held in high esteem by the community for his forebearance.

Thats not hard you simply have to be somewhere else for a year and a day. :D

Then you get rewarded with BACON :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:.

There must have been a lot of lonely wives in Dunmow.:laugh::laugh:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Of course you have to bring the bacon home, stores don't like it when you try to heat it up in one of the aisles.

There, my first bacon post after weeks of bacon lurking! :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Bacon History

Wow.

Wasn't that the same place that originated the "rule of thumb"? :whistle:

I'm just sayin'...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What's the definition of quarrel in this sense?

In almost 8 years of being together, Lars and I have never really quarreled... and I mean that sincerely, as long as "quarreled" means "shouted at each other and got mad and threw things and slammed doors and spent time [ten minutes or ten days] apart until we came to an agreement." We've disagreed, but usually that's on what's for dinner, not something big like whether or not we should get that new gun. :dunno:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What's the definition of quarrel in this sense?

In almost 8 years of being together, Lars and I have never really quarreled... and I mean that sincerely, as long as "quarreled" means "shouted at each other and got mad and threw things and slammed doors and spent time [ten minutes or ten days] apart until we came to an agreement." We've disagreed, but usually that's on what's for dinner, not something big like whether or not we should get that new gun. :dunno:

:+1:
    Scutter and I do not fight either. We've been together for 13 years. We've definitely had our differences but not fighting. Looking back, I can't even remember what any of the disagreements were about.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I have heard that during the twelfth century, only deaf men were allowed to eat bacon. Now I understand.:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Saw this little gem at the store today:

2yjui68.jpg

I was flipping through it, looking at the recipes, and I started to get annoyed. They kept wanting me to do things to bacon! I'm thinking "What's wrong with bacon that you have to put it in other stuff? Can't you just let me have the bacon? I'm really OK with just the bacon all by itself."

Top Bottom