• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Uh, bottom line here is that those six men wouldn't have been killed if Bergdahl hadn't strolled away to the enemy.
    Accountability for your actions is integral with military culture, something that the civilian world finds nearly a foreign language, even though sometimes (sadly) even the military fails to maintain that culture properly.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Apparently the word "searching" has a wide definition. Based on the circumstances involving their deaths, it more likely they were searching for minty girl scout cookie goodness, than Bergdahl. At least that's my theory.

You sir, are way way out of line.
    That is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read.
    If I was allowed to give you a red mark I certainly would...

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Uh, bottom line here is that those six men wouldn't have been killed if Bergdahl hadn't strolled away to the enemy.
    Accountability for your actions is integral with military culture, something that the civilian world finds nearly a foreign language, even though sometimes (sadly) even the military fails to maintain that culture properly.

Based on what facts? I haven't seen anything credible that these guys were "searching" for Bergdahl. Actually, it appears they were killed doing routine things. Theyre just trying to assign a narrative to those poor guys deaths. They were killed because they lived and worked in a dangerous area. They were soldiers so it kinda comes with the territory.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    No mans life is worth more than another, one could argue. But there are consequences for committing crimes. If Bergdahl is convicted, and the deaths of these men is linked to his search, then he must pay. I do put a hierarchy on human life though. I wouldn't take 100 deserters for one man who would give his life searching for one. And yes, I'm a soldier.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am, purposefully. There is no hierarchy of human life. And yet that isn't a shared belief here. If one can be callous concerning death, then lets be callous all around.
    Based on the information provided by his squadmates and officers in the Brigade Combat Team which apparently dropped the rest of their missions to search for their missing soldier, there is very good reason to place the blame for their deaths on Bergdahl's apparent desertion. That they might have died in the course of "normal" operations is, of course, true, but I believe - as do others, apparently - that the search for Bergdahl made them more vulnerable to attack than would have otherwise been the case.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Life; deserted his buddies, unit, and service. And still being lived by the way

Life; given in performance of their duty

No Comparison

every person there at the time has stated that those men died in connection with operation surrounding Bergdahl.

I'm sure you would like that written in stone and notarized. But you most likely wouldn't believe it then either

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Not searching for Berdahl?
    Who are you going to believe, the men who actually say that's exactly what they were doing when their fellow troops got killed, or the administration that sneered at said men?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your ship is sinking Kut.

Hardly, I phrased that post to be distasteful on purpose. However I regret going so low simply to make a point. The loss of innocent life is tragic, and yet if is perfectly acceptable to make light of some deaths and not others? Three women and a man were murdered in cold blood a few days ago, and the consensus is that they "had it coming," despite any proof of any criminal actions on their part. Their deaths have devolved into a humor fest about girl scout cookies. Don't admonish me by doing the same.... but at least I'm being intellectally honest, in knowing that it shouldn't be done... ever, to a person who has yet to be proven to be bad person.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    You know Kut, I am not impressed with your thoughts and words.. Years ago my father and i had a talk about being in the Service and about being deployed in the Service in a Combat Roll. My Father a 30 year Navy Frogman told me to remember this.

For anyone who has been in combat, is pretty simple. Seaman, Soldiers and Marines never forget. Civilians very rarely remember.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There is no hierarchy of human life.

That may possibly be one of the most ridiculous things I've read in this thread and that's a high bar.

If you truly believe that, hang up your gun. You couldn't shoot a robber to save a bank teller since there's no hierarchy of human life. You'd be just as bad as the robber, or just as good, I guess.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I'm behind on this thread, but to quote Pink Floyd;

"Get him up against the wall."

What happened to the days of just shooting deserters?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You know Kut, I am not impressed with your thoughts and words.. Years ago my father and i had a talk about being in the Service and about being deployed in the Service in a Combat Roll. My Father a 30 year Navy Frogman told me to remember this.

For anyone who has been in combat, is pretty simple. Seaman, Soldiers and Marines never forget. Civilians very rarely remember.

At 30 years, I'm assume he served with honor and distinction. In that you should be proud, and his service I am thankful. However wearing a uniform, ANY uniform, does not entitle one to respect above others. I don't pray at the alter of uniformed idolatry. A man is a man regardless of how he folds his bed or shines his shoes.
    What does that have to do with price of tea in China?

And you need not be impressed with my words; theyre not for decoration.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    At 30 years, I'm assume he served with honor and distinction. In that you should be proud, and his service I am thankful. However wearing a uniform, ANY uniform, does not entitle one to respect above others. I don't pray at the alter of uniformed idolatry. A man is a man regardless of how he folds his bed or shines his shoes. What does that have to do with price of tea in China? And you need not be impressed with my words; theyre not for decoration.
    At this point, I think you've stopped trying to make sense and are just trolling. You've been around for a long time, so I suppose that's your right, but all you're doing at this point is pissing people off and you're not making any reasonable arguments for whatever your POV might be.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    At 30 years, I'm assume he served with honor and distinction. In that you should be proud, and his service I am thankful. However wearing a uniform, ANY uniform, does not entitle one to respect above others. I don't pray at the alter of uniformed idolatry. A man is a man regardless of how he folds his bed or shines his shoes.
    What does that have to do with price of tea in China?

And you need not be impressed with my words; theyre not for decoration.

So...the honor and distinction are meaningless. Nobody is saying it's about the uniform. It's about the what you did in that uniform. Bergdahl wore the uniform, and disgraced it, yet you seem to be fully in his corner. Someone who serves with honor and distinction though is just a man who folded his bed and shined his shoes.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    At this point, I think you've stopped trying to make sense and are just trolling. You've been around for a long time, so I suppose that's your right, but all you're doing at this point is pissing people off and you're not making any reasonable arguments for whatever your POV might be.

There are many people here who I disagree with but who at least put forth a coherent and consistent belief system. Then there are people who just like to be contrary for its own sake and who stake whatever positions seems to place them in that role.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

If you're referring to the guys killed in the search for Bergdahl, I'm serious. The circumstances surround their deaths do not appear to be related to his search. I have no why there's an attempt to pin those deaths on him.

Top Bottom