• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I saw a report on CNET about the Brave browser. Very similar to Chrome but with the ability to enhance security and reduce advertising. Plus, the browser speed is apparently better than Chrome.

I installed it yesterday and have remarkably better performance than Chrome. Page loads are blisteringly fast. Fewer ads. All my bookmarks work.

So, what is wrong with it? What am I missing?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I saw a report on CNET about the Brave browser. Very similar to Chrome but with the ability to enhance security and reduce advertising. Plus, the browser speed is apparently better than Chrome.

I installed it yesterday and have remarkably better performance than Chrome. Page loads are blisteringly fast. Fewer ads. All my bookmarks work.

So, what is wrong with it? What am I missing?
    I use it regularly and have had no complaints...

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Yup, been using Brave for a while, ever since Google took "don't be evil" out of their corporate culture. It's fast like Chrome WAS back when it was the new kid on the block and unencumbered by all it's revenue-generating spyware tendrils. There's a few privacy-focused browsers out there but I think Brave offers the most reliable and familiar interface and performance. Now eventually I would expect them to sell out, maybe not all at once but perhaps in small steps, at which point we'll be back on the hunt for the NEXT privacy-focused browser fad. For now, Brave fills the need.

Only downside, embedded stuff like posts linking to tweets or YT may not load but you can tweak the security for trusted sites.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds promising. I've been using the Microsoft Edge browser as the default with my new PC. So far haven't had any issues and it seems to be a better update than Chrome.

If I start having any issues I might just look into Brave.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been using it since reading that thread. There was a little bit of a learning curve going from Firefox to Brave, but nothing major. Just figuring equivalent ways of doing stuff. I've been very happy with it. And I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but now when I run C-Cleaner at the end of the day, instead of finding 500 Mb to 1+ Gb of crap to clean up, it's typically less than 100 Mb.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Yep been using it for awhile, some websites are blocked by the shields and have to tweak it some. Also some of my logins don't get saved. Other than minor issues I use it all the time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yep been using it for awhile, some websites are blocked by the shields and have to tweak it some. Also some of my logins don't get saved. Other than minor issues I use it all the time.
    You really shouldn't save your passwords in your browser. Get a password vault to save them.

Top Bottom