• ...and so much more!
  • Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Hopefully this is not a dupe. I searched for brass and didn't see anything similar.

I just received an email from AngelFire Ammo which included the following quote. This can also be found on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/angelfireammo/

For reasons about which we can only speculate, there has been an unforeseen and dramatic spike in the cost to procure brass, some calibers by as much as 50%!

While it may be the perfect storm of contributing factors: recent political pressures, rising scrap prices, new steel and aluminum tariffs, and the increased demand for brass and ammunition as more people are getting out and shooting... the fact is we just don't know.

So, is it time to hoard ammo? I did a quick google search and didn't see anything else on this subject.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not sure what that means. Did I break some rule or something? I didn't get a copy of the INGO code book.

I didn't get that ^ either, but I did get that same email and wondered the same thing.
    I'm actually not sitting too bad on brass at the moment, but since it is a consumable...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If your not picking up any and all brass at the range that people say you can have then you should of been doing that 8yrs ago. Id only buy a large quantity of brass if the round I'm using hasn't had a firearm made for it in decades or the popularity is so low the chance of finding a large amount at the range would be slim. I would still go with the cheapest place but I don't think this is something to worry about. They seem like a small mom and pop place so don't have the connections the bigger processors have. I find a certain zen in processing my own brass.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If your not picking up any and all brass at the range that people say you can have then you should of been doing that 8yrs ago. Id only buy a large quantity of brass if the round I'm using hasn't had a firearm made for it in decades or the popularity is so low the chance of finding a large amount at the range would be slim. I would still go with the cheapest place but I don't think this is something to worry about. They seem like a small mom and pop place so don't have the connections the bigger processors have. I find a certain zen in processing my own brass.

The indoor range I frequent does not allow patrons to collect brass that they did not shoot.
    Between that, and the fact that I tend to shoot some calibers that you don't often find at the ranges like .32S&W Long, .32H&R magnum, .327 Fed/mag, .303British, 7.7x58 Jap, .35 Remington, .45-70govt...
    I pick up all of my brass that I can locate, but I still fret over the price of new brass.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I don't reload but I do keep the brass when I shoot. Some day I might get into that. I was thinking that all ammo prices might go up. I guess it's not likely to go down so I went ahead and ordered some 300 aac from a different source for my new project. I was going to get some soon anyway.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The indoor range I frequent does not allow patrons to collect brass that they did not shoot.
    Between that, and the fact that I tend to shoot some calibers that you don't often find at the ranges like .32S&W Long, .32H&R magnum, .327 Fed/mag, .303British, 7.7x58 Jap, .35 Remington, .45-70govt...
    I pick up all of my brass that I can locate, but I still fret over the price of new brass.
    I have a 38S&W so I hear ya, but the good thing about the odd ball revolver rounds is that you can get at least 10+ loading's out of them which cuts your initial cost down alot.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Starline keeps coming out with new brass, I keep waiting for 30-40 or 405.

Yep.
    It may not be the cheapest, but it is great quality, and they are now producing .327Fed/mag, m.32H&Rmag, and .32S&W Long.
    I'm hoping they start making .35Rem soon.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I kept brass for 7 years before I started reloading. I still collect everything i see and trade for stuff I can use. Won’t be needing anything for a very, very long time, but still piling it up.

Top Bottom