• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I noticed that most articles and suggestions I get at the local shops are that the bow string should touch the tip of your nose when anchored.

I am going back to the Outdoorsman on Saturday to talk with Tim, but was just curious if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I feel like when i draw back and get ancored, there is no way the string could ever touch my nose..its like 2 iches away still. But the string is past the corner of my mouth and I am anchored on my jaw line so i feel like I am right with my draw length. Initially, the bow shop I had set my peep wanted me to touch the string to my nose and then set the peep. I just feel like I am bending my neck to do this.

Just curious.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Mine never did, the Outdoorsman set mine up

Having a consistent anchor point in the key. Some people install kisser buttons, use the corner of their mouth, just depends on your preference.

mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    As long as the string rests in front of your eye without tilting your head, where you anchor is up to you. As long as your anchor point is duplicatable EVERY time and the peep sight is set with you drawing and anchoring the bow. Some people anchor at the corner of the mouth , some at the jaw, some even hook the thumb of the draw hand behind and at the base of the neck. anchor wherever is most comfortable for YOU. Just do it the same every time. Good luck hunting. Be safe,

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Are you familiar with the way to figure your draw length pretty close? Stand up straight with your back against a wall, with your arms outstretched. Have someone mark the wall at the tips of your middle fingers. Take that "wingspan" measurement and divide by 2.5. That should be pretty darn close to your actual draw length.

For example, my wingspan is 70". Dividing that by 2.5 yields 28. I shoot a bow with a 28" draw, and it fits me great -- and my nose touches the string.

One thing to consider: someone with a long draw length or a bow with a short axle-to-axle length (or perhaps both scenarios) might have such a steep string angle as to prevent them from touching their nose on the string.

As for setting the peep sight, I draw my bow with my eyes closed, get a comfortable anchor, then open my eyes. If I can't see through the peep clearly without having to move my head, then I adjust the peep and repeat the test until I can.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Dont over think it. Shoot it. If accurate and have a consisten anchor point then roll with it. Proper form is one thing but consistency is also another and they are not always one n the same. If you shoot straight and accurate let it fly. If its brown it will be down.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    What's a guy to do if your a long armed knuckle dragging oaf like me. Most new bows these days max draw is 30". I have a 31.5 draw length

Top Bottom