• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    My wife and I recently took a trip to Gatlinburg and on the way home I stopped into Bass Pro Shop. When I was browsing the firearms I came across a muzzleloader that caught my attention. It is a Traditions Evolution. It is a bolt action inline .50 cal.

I have been wanting a muzzleloader for a couple of years now and just haven't broke down and bought one. When I saw this one I figured I might as well. I thought that the price was right and I liked some of the features that it has. I paid $219 for it.

The features I like are that it has primer nipples for #11, flintlock and 209 primers. Also it has a 24" deep fluted 8 hole ported barrel. It also is tapped for a scope and has fully adjustable Williams Firesights installed.

I think I did alright for my first. Now I just need to get to the range and see how it shoots.

uncmrkhd

Plinker
    Aug 1, 2011
    My brother in-law tells me to be very careful venturing into the black powder world,it can be more addictive than the cartridge world. I too have a hankering but am inclined for the more traditional , guess Thompson and CVA are good choices with out getting tooo crazy to start out. I assume they are allowed at the range I shoot at but as of yet havent seen any. there is a range north of me thats been a hoot to go watch,From watching some of the flint lock guys its a miracle any one got any thing to eat what with the delay in trigger to shot aspect. Maybe after deer season I'll look at whats out there as they are in demand around here, hope you enjoy it

Top Bottom