Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Dan Wesson Wrenches : EWK Arms

You’ll want the wrench and the 22 pilot.[/QUOTE]

1. Is this it?

[h=3]Dan Wesson Small Frame Wrench[/h]Wrench for the Dan Wesson small frame revolvers. Includes pilot for .357/.38 calibers. .22 caliber Dan Wessons require the optional .22 caliber...

They aren't showing the ".22 caliber Dan Wessons require the optional .22 caliber."

And, does that mean I don't need the other?
    rimg.php

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My understating is the wrench comes with the 357 pilot and you need to purchase the 22 pilot.

Edit: Surgery went well?

1. I didn't see the .22 pilot for sale, only referred to as illustrated by my pic.
    2. Maybe I'm not understanding what I'm clicking on.

3. Surgery went quite well: I was talking everyone's ear off and being my usual funny itself, with the boost of a drug better than morphine.
    4. Off intravenous drugs and have been for hours: so can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
    5. As long as I don't get an infection I can live with the pain (with help from the meds, of course).

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Here's my Dan.. I've got some extra barrels somewhere..
    100_0729.jpg

super mag in 357 maximum, current reloading for accuracy is underway. I think the 180 gr jhp is going to win.. lol

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I wouldn't worry about condition. Guns are tools. My favorite pistol I own (gen 4 glock 19) has been dropped, stepped on, kicked, rode hard and still keeps ticking. If you like it who cares what it looks like.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Here's my Dan.. I've got some extra barrels somewhere..
    View attachment 67564
    super mag in 357 maximum, current reloading for accuracy is underway. I think the 180 gr jhp is going to win.. lol

1. WOW! That's no $435 gun; I imagine the scope cost that.
    2. How's recoil? Looks like it has enough beef to absorb some.

I wouldn't worry about condition. Guns are tools. My favorite pistol I own (gen 4 glock 19) has been dropped, stepped on, kicked, rode hard and still keeps ticking. If you like it who cares what it looks like.

3. I like your attitude!
    4. I had an old Colt .38 caliber that was a beautiful shooting gun back in the late 80s that I didn't have enough sense to keep.
    5. I so can't wait to be able to get around to try it out, and I love the fact that it's a well-used gun.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. I think I get it, this:
    22pilot.JPG

is used as an "adapter attaching to this:
    DW357Wrench.JPG

2. So, I just need to get both of these. :coffee:
    3. I'll probably wait to see it at work at the range, and if it is more acccurate than my GP100 or 990.
    4. Thanks for your patience!

Bingo!

Just keep in mind, if the barrel isn’t tight enough or the barrel isn’t gapped right (what he feeler gauge is for) the accuracy may be lacking. That said I took my DW 357 straight to the range without checking the barrel or the gap and was happy with it’s accuracy. Just don’t jump to conclusions if the first trip isn’t ideal and those items haven’t been checked yet. You should be able to easily get the cost back from the tools if you decide to sell down the road.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bingo!
    Just keep in mind, if the barrel isn’t tight enough or the barrel isn’t gapped right (what he feeler gauge is for) the accuracy may be lacking. That said I took my DW 357 straight to the range without checking the barrel or the gap and was happy with it’s accuracy. Just don’t jump to conclusions if the first trip isn’t ideal and those items haven’t been checked yet. You should be able to easily get the cost back from the tools if you decide to sell down the road.

1. Thanks! I really am looking forward to it. I haven't shot my .22 revolvers in months, it seems: too busy pursuing 9mms just for fun.
    2. It does interfere with my campaign to narrow down my .22LR semi-autos, however: a nice problem to have b/c it gives me more than 1 thing to focus on.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    That super mag with full power loads feels comparable to a 9mm in recoil, It's just so heavy.. lol
    The scope is a cheap simmons, probably cost no more than 30 bucks new... I plan on upgrading it, but I really prefer iron sights so I might just end up taking it off completely.
    That 22 looks like a great gun, I would love to have one, I just havent run into one yet.. lol.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That super mag with full power loads feels comparable to a 9mm in recoil, It's just so heavy.. lol
    The scope is a cheap simmons, probably cost no more than 30 bucks new... I plan on upgrading it, but I really prefer iron sights so I might just end up taking it off completely.
    That 22 looks like a great gun, I would love to have one, I just havent run into one yet.. lol.

1. Unbelievable! That scope looked like it cost more than most of my guns. :laugh:
    2. I scope could be fun on one of my guns. If I could ever figure out and could get one that didn't cost too much, but I have to decide what caliber and whether on a revolver or a semi-auto.
    3. I never even knew there were $30 scopes: looks like I have fun in another area now.
    4. I can't believe I "ran into one" when 2 weeks earlier I didn't know they even existed, but when guys recommend something here that I trust, I will pursue it (unless it is $1000 guns). :lmfao:
    5. I have wanted a Colt .22LR just for fun, but I have had single-actions before and I can't abide them.
    6. I think this Dan Wesson will be a good substitute.
    7. It had better be more accurate than what I have in the revolver line (3 others) or it will be sold, but I have great hopes for it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I think your going to enjoy the DW. :): I did a function test and just basic range time tonight on the DW 22 I found and I’m impressed. It’ll outshoot my MkIV, way more fun as well.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    If you get a MKIV and it takes the same scope rail as the MKIII, I have the rail, a scope and a red dot sight we could try out on it.

You would want a very low magnification scope. The higher powers show one's pistol shake so prominently that it is hard to get yourself to pull the trigger. I think I have a 1-4X pistol scope and you will see what I mean by going through the different magnifications.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you get a MKIV and it takes the same scope rail as the MKIII, I have the rail, a scope and a red dot sight we could try out on it.

You would want a very low magnification scope. The higher powers show one's pistol shake so prominently that it is had to get yourself to pull the trigger. I think I have a 1-4X pistol scope and you will see what I mean by going through the different magnifications.

1. Interesting: I know nothing of scopes.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    This is picture of my DW22 sold it for $695 in 2016
    Tool was with the gun. You can improvise a pair of needle nose pliers in grooves of end of barrel. Feelers gauge from auto part shop works to measure the gap. I did not find I had to adjust the gap in about 20 years. I did check it when I had a leading issue but I could see lead from firing Calibre no powder lead rounds. Could actually peel it off then used hoppes to clean bore. These guns shoot just like any double-action revolver.
    It was accurate, but I got bored with it. blue was deep on mine. your pictures look like blue well worn.
    Good luck with yours.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is picture of my DW22 sold it for $695 in 2016
    Tool was with the gun. You can improvise a pair of needle nose pliers in grooves of end of barrel. Feelers gauge from auto part shop works to measure the gap. I did not find I had to adjust the gap in about 20 years. I did check it when I had a leading issue but I could see lead from firing Calibre no powder lead rounds. Could actually peel it off then used hoppes to clean bore. These guns shoot just like any double-action revolver.
    It was accurate, but I got bored with it. blue was deep on mine. your pictures look like blue well worn.
    Good luck with yours.

1. Yes, it is as described in the ad, with worn bluing, and I didn't mind at $435.
    2. If or when I get bored with it or when I sell everything like I've done in the past I'll be able to get my money back out of it.
    3. When I retire, spending $100s of dollars on ammo will not be possible, but while I can afford it now I'm having the time of my life.
    4. But, perhaps I'll be able to justify keeping 1 .22LR b/c of less range expense.
    5. I would like to die with very few guns in my possession (just a CC perhaps), and maybe by that time I'll have a friend here that I really trust to sell them for the wife, or if she's gone, for my kids so they don't "give them away." I'll pay the appropriate commission, of course! :rofl:
    6. In a "convenient" or perfect world, if there was some warning of impending death (b/c of illness) I would have a list of my guns and buyers here for those waiting in line for my continual sales. :laugh:
    7. Of course, hopefully, by that time, 20ish years in the future,
    I've actually trimmed down and not just talked about it and replaced my trimmed guns with yet another version. :lmfao:

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    @doddg

Just showed my gun and sale price to give you an idea of value of DW22 with original box, more rare 8" barrel, tool & instructions 2 years ago.

I wish you luck. I get bored easy but had the gun for 20 yrs or so. I am not knocking your purchase. Currently have NO .22lr handguns but have many .22 rifles and various center-fire handgun that I shoot regularly because I reload and have for about 32 yrs and the expense is important to me.

Top Bottom